Online Booking Tax Charge?

Friend has a company that takes online bookings.

When the guests arrive in Thailand they pay the remainder of the bill. This is for scuba diving trips and courses.

I was informed that their accountant has told them that they have to pay a 90,000 baht one off charge for taking online bookings. Has any one heard of this before?

Thanks for any feed back.

Friend has a company that takes online bookings.

When the guests arrive in Thailand they pay the remainder of the bill. This is for scuba diving trips and courses.

I was informed that their accountant has told them that they have to pay a 90,000 baht one off charge for taking online bookings. Has any one heard of this before?

Thanks for any feed back.

I haven't heard of this before. Are you certain this isn't what the cost of the e-commerce setup is?

No not ecommerce charge. They use pay pal. Then have money transfered to their business account in Thailand when amount is above 5000 baht then no charges for withdrawing from pay pal account. Money transferred to Siam commerial bank.

The 90,000 baht is supposed to be paid to the TAT.

Thanks for your reply

Edited by Artcoder

You need to keep money with TAT for guarantee when you get a tour license.

This is not paid to TAT, if you scrap the license you get your money back and you get all the interest.

You can either do it through TAT or by yourself through the bank and take document to TAT - but with bank charges for document easier to do with TAT.

I think its still 50,000 Baht for normal license, local license is cheaper.

TAT have nothing to do with online bookings, you can list on some of their websites for free.