Permanent resident moving house - removal from old Tabien baan

We have just moved house and went with our landlady to have our names added to the Tabien baan. We have moved a couple of times before and it was always straightforward, but this time we were told that we have to be removed  from the Tabien baan for our previous house before being added to the new one. 
does anyone know the process for removing names from a Tabien baan?  We are permanent residents 

thanks 

• Like 1

So my experience is that you can not appear in two different tabien baan, so it seems to be quite OK that you are are being forced to sign up in a new tabien baan if you move.....

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to go to the Amphoe for where the house book you are registered in and ask to be removed from it so that you can be registered in another one.

This is not required.

Here the official requirements on what to do: http://www.bora.dopa.go.th/CallCenter1548/index.php/menu-population/13-service-handbook/population/26-population-relocation

The last section is specifically about "moving to a new address without having to go back to the old address"

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is not required.

Here the official requirements on what to do: http://www.bora.dopa.go.th/CallCenter1548/index.php/menu-population/13-service-handbook/population/26-population-relocation

The last section is specifically about "moving to a new address without having to go back to the old address"

That may be what it says but in reality it may not happen. It is not as easily done as you think.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

This is not required.

This is only for Thai citizens. 

The two times I have changed my house book, I've had to get the old one stamped invalid.

• Like 1

For PR you also have go change your address in the big red book and report to the nearest police station to your new address. You go to the police station where you are registered now, they issue a letter to the new police station. Once you are registered at the new police station they issue a letter to the district office to register you in the new blue book.

Some district offices are unaware that the process for PR is not the same as for Thais and might just enter you to the new blue book as happened to you before. Now that the new district requires you to do it correctly you'd have to go to your original police station to check out, then to the police station you were supposed to check in with when you first moved to check in/ out (if you moved more than once you'll have to repeat through all police stations) and go to the current district office with the letter from the last police station.

You'd need to go to Amphur where old tabien baan was issued, and have your next address added (you don't get removed, just listed where you're moving), then if moving to another police area, go to old area police station to get your red book updated. Then to new Amphur, to get your name entered into new tabien baan, get new pink ID (if you want it), then to new police station to finish the red book address update. Blue book (residence certificate) doesn't need to get updated. Address would be updated when next one is issued. If you have work permit, you should update residential address in work permit at labour department.

You'll need witnesses at amphurs - the witness will need to provide ID card. Generally they require old property owner to remove from old one and new property owner for entering into new one; if you're the owner, someone else. They can be reasonable and don't ask for old property owner. Have both tabien baans with you throughout this process to avoid hassle.

Edited by tomazbodner
added witness paragraph

Again no system. 

I moved two years ago from Pattaya to Nong Khai and my wife got a new house book. The old house owner got his book stamped with "moved" or ย้ายออก. We got a new house book. At the same time we got stamped out - the kids are still in that house book.  

Simple thing, done in a few minutes. 

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Again no system. 

I moved two years ago from Pattaya to Nong Khai and my wife got a new house book. The old house owner got his book stamped with "moved" or ย้ายออก. We got a new house book. At the same time we got stamped out - the kids are still in that house book.  

Simple thing, done in a few minutes. 

Different process for Thai citizens and PR holders. 

And you don't get a new house book when you move into a new place. The house book actually "belongs" to the house or condo unit and not to the people registered in it. So when you move to a new place you get registered in the book of that place

14 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Different process for Thai citizens and PR holders. 

And you don't get a new house book when you move into a new place. The house book actually "belongs" to the house or condo unit and not to the people registered in it. So when you move to a new place you get registered in the book of that place

Well, we got a new brand new book in each and every case as it affected the head of household as well on the first page. There you cannot amend anything ????