Two Questions Family Hotel And Bathing Suits

greenbug

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this. I would guess all the Pattaya experts are posting in here. I have two specific questions. First I'm looking for a cheap hotel along the beach in Jomtien which would be good for family. I plan on going there at the end of the month for two or three nights with my wife, brother-in-law, and about six kids. Yikes!

It's going to be a little get away for the summer for the kids. I would like to spend around 800 to 1,200 baht per room if possible. I'm hoping I can get everyone into two large rooms but if not I'll go for three rooms at 800 bpd or so. All the kids are under 13. I also would like to be very close to the beach (opposite if possible) and would like a swimming pool at the hotel. I'm asking for so much! I wonder if anyone has any good ideas for hotels.

My second question is about bathing suits for the kids. I want to buy them all suits and I am wondering what would be better, buying them in Bangkok or in Pattaya. Does anyone know whether Lotus or BigC in Pattaya have them? Are they more expensive at the beach or in Bangkok?

I really appreciate any responses to these questions.

A lower price hotel would be Sea Breeze as listed here. It is not on the major listing sites and nothing special but stayed there a few nights some years ago and looks better now. Motel type setup directly across road from beach with a pool.

The Jomtien Garden has the advantage of large beds and large rooms (but at a higher cost). On last visit very much a Russian tour group place and believe it is more so now. But do consider it good value and plan to stay a few nights this month (after many years).