Border Crossing on Multi Non Imm O

Hi All,

Am here on a Multi Non Imm O and have been for nearly 6 years, for the previous 4 years on extensions (so 10 in total). Normally I fly out of the country from time to time for a few days etc so activate the 90 days that way and have so far never had a problem.

This period of 90 days is nearly up and I have to be out by the 29th (visa actually expires on the 13th Feb) and I haven't had any need to fly out so am lazily considering a border crossing. 

Can I still do a border hop in somewhere like Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) and get another 90 days? Or are there any new issues at the border? Also does doing a border run raise questions when you fly in / out later? I had reason to be in an immigration office a year back and the female IO said to me the border crossings are frowned upon?? Or would it be best to just fly out to Singapore in the morning and back in the afternoon? Is it ok to fly same day?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by paddy

No problem to do it at any border crossing other than Poi Pet.

Ban Phu Nam Ron is good one to use.

Really no different than flying out an back to get new 90 day entry. I see no reason for you to questioned when doing it by air next time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to do it at any border crossing other than Poi Pet.

Ban Phu Nam Ron is good one to use.

Really no different than flying out an back to get new 90 day entry. I see no reason for you to questioned when doing it by air next time

Even Poipet works, but best not to do an in/out there. Better to spend a night or two on the Cambodian side. Even better if driving a car back in, rather than being on foot.