Marijuana possession case..

You should have negotiated their offer to a much lower one.

There is a chance you could go to jail from what I know of the law. But, to answer your question why would anyone on here positively know the end result?

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

I did my extension of visa for 30 more days it lasts till 24 February but I mean in my case am I going to jail and I getting deported or sentenced?????????

The penalty for possession for personal use is widely stated as imprisonment of between 1-5 years and a fine of between 20,000-100,000 Baht, although possession of a small amount is likely to get just a fine. 

I don't believe deportation is automatic.

• Haha 1

Just now, Just Weird said:

The penalty for possession for personal use is widely stated as imprisonment of between 1-5 years and a fine of between 20,000-100,000 Baht, although possession of a small amount is likely to get just a fine. 

I don't believe deportation is automatic.

I’m really freaking out and I don’t want to go to jail guys seriously I was thinking about leaving without a passport but that will cause me even more problems and I’m really stressed ...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

I’m really freaking out and I don’t want to go to jail guys seriously I was thinking about leaving without a passport but that will cause me even more problems and I’m really stressed ...

That's understandable but you only have two choices, wait for court or negotiate something with the police, both of which will cost you.

You could do the no-passport escape, as some poster suggested, but I doubt whether that is easy unless you have the contacts, and that will cost you also.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Just try relax mate. Not easy I know. Hopefully someone will come along with some first hand experience. Lately things seem to be a lot less draconian than years gone by.

I’m trying to relax but as much closer it gets as harder it is to calm down ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's understandable but you only have two choices, wait for court or negotiate something with the police, both of which will cost you.

You could do the no-passport escape, as some poster suggested, but I doubt whether that is easy unless you have the contacts, and that will cost you also.

I don’t mind paying it off I have my ticket money available I’ll work something out if I have my passport in my hands but I don’t think it’s enough for them ..

1 minute ago, rhodie said:
4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Once paperwork has been done, I don't think he can negotiate his way out.

It can be done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiambruno said:
5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I don’t mind paying it off I have my ticket money available I’ll work something out if I have my passport in my hands but I don’t think it’s enough for them ..

You may be surprised but you'll never know if you don't try.

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It was kind of sort of decriminalized. May sound stupid, but: Why don't you go try to get a doctors certificate for needing it for say anxiety. Show that at the end and see if that gets you some leniency. Do you have a lawyer or are you el solo facing the inquiry officer? Is there really a court date set or is it still in inquiry stages?

And curious. why did they search you? And where di you have it on you? In all my years I have never been touched.

They told me my last day is on 28th of this month so I guess it’s the court date.. I have a lawyer but I didn’t paid him a lot cause my whole money almost went on bail ..and I have to have for living also .. they didn’t asked me for searching they searched all of us I don’t know why but the checkpoint was for alcohol and they didn’t even asked about searching I think I was stood up from the dealer from the beggiging 

Edited by Hiambruno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hiambruno said:

They told me my last day is on 28th of this month so I guess it’s the court date.. I have a lawyer but I didn’t paid him a lot cause my whole money almost went on bail ..and I have to have for living also .. they didn’t asked me for searching they searched all of us I don’t know why but the checkpoint was for alcohol and they didn’t even asked about searching 

How much was the bail? 50k? 100K? that will tell you how serious it may be. and what did the inquiry officer push you to do, and what di the prosecutor say to you? This will tell you a lot as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

How much was the bail? 50k? 100K? that will tell you how serious it may be. and what did the inquiry officer push you to do, and what di the prosecutor say to you? This will tell you a lot as well. 

15k and 5k the lawyer ..

• Like 1