Public anger grows over coronavirus in Thailand, with eight cases of the illness

webfact

haha the Thai's and Vietnamese peeved at the Chinese because their syphilis diseases are spreading through their countries now. Solidifying that good old Chinese reputation! 
Bat soup, I mean I can't think of anything more putrid. Bats are like the rats of the sky!

• Confused 1

Thai Gov't wouldn't want to do anything that will adversely affect their precious Tourist industry, now giving Chinese entry Visaless!!

Meanwhile, longterm Foreign Visa holders continue to be treated as 2nd Rate!! 

Another coronavirus infected patient found but situation under control, says Anutin

By The Nation

800_bf6e9f5ba53ef8e.jpg?v=1580100105

An eight patient infected with the mysterious new coronavirus was found but Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul reported on Sunday (January 26) that the overall situation was still under control.

The latest case found in Thailand was a Chinese tourist. Of the eight cases, seven were Chinese visitors and one a Thai. Five have already recovered while three are still being closely monitored.

There are 84 suspected cases awaiting confirmation; 24 found at the airport while 60 came to hospitals on their own. Of the suspected cases, 15 were found to have seasonal flu and allowed to return home while 39 were accommodated in separate rooms.

The global coronavirus outbreak from January 5 to 25 has caused at least 41 deaths with 1,303 cases of infections.

The operational report on the screening via Thermoscan during January 3-25 in five international airports were as follows:

Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Krabi scanned 21,522 passengers. On January 25, the checkpoint scanned 11 flights from Guangzhou and 1,556 people including flight operators all received health beware card to contact the immigration office or the disease control office in case of an emergency

The minister added that on Tuesday (January 28), he will propose guidelines to the Cabinet to create a national committee focusing on the coronavirus situation. This would ensure that all the airports were ready to control the situation with cooperation from tour agencies and hotels to monitor suspected cases and immediately send them to the hospital.

“I can assure everyone that no human-to-human transmission has been found in Thailand. All the patients had a history of visiting the risk area [Wuhan city]. According to the current situation, there is no need to shut down any city Thailand,” Anutin said.

Department of Disease Control chief Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai revealed all three Chinese patients being monitored were female. The sixth patient is at Rajavithi hospital, the seventh at Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, and the eighth in Hua Hin.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381116

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-27

26 minutes ago, malibukid said:

also called the reproduction number. the virus will decline as the number of human host diminish either through immunity or death.

Possibly, but also consider that medical staff and facilities will be so overrun by patients in some cities (Bangkok for example) that less people will receive the critical care that they require to survive. The number of critically ill patients in China is increasing all the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Always the same bad reasoning saying that what does not work 100% is useless.

Certainly, some visitors in incubation period (between 1 and 2 weeks) may not be detected. But all the others will be.

This measure is therefore useful, it has already proven its effectiveness with the detection of the first cases.

Look before you leap. I never said the procedure was useless, only that it was unreliable - a fact your posting confirms.

Singapore: Calm, organised, invested and protected. 

Wuhan virus: Increased border checks, leave of absence among new counter-measures

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-virus-increased-border-checks-compulsory-leave-measures-12353448

9 hours ago, Creasy said:

Don't worry people of Thailand.

The voteless prime minister will order, demand and instruct the corona virus to go away or set up a committee full of junta flunkys to talk about it.

All will be well Thailand, Your Prime minister is in Charge, you know the one you never voted for

• Thanks 1

The most dangerous aspect of this virus is the spreading of fear and misinformation on social media  TV included. My Thai wife cannot tear herself away from Facebook, YouTube etc. I have to calm her down every few hours and reassure her it just the <deleted> flu. For healthy people it poses no significant risk of iminent death. All I get is a snort and her asking when we can go buy a mask  which is a useless preventative device. Wash your hands frequently, eat some chicken soup and continue on as normal. Getting run over by a car in Thailand poses a far greater risk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Any Chinese there where you wearing a mask?
The should stop 90 days reporting for a while it serves no purpose anyhow apart from create extra work.

Don't know who was Chinese almost everyone had masks on including me and a couple of girls also had swimming/diving goggles on for some bizarre reason ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Don't know who was Chinese almost everyone had masks on including me and a couple of girls also had swimming/diving goggles on for some bizarre reason ????

They are protecting their eyes. The highest risk of catching a corona-virus, including the common cold, is through the eyes and tear ducts.

• Like 1