Public anger grows over coronavirus in Thailand, with eight cases of the illness

webfact

17 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Don't laugh. But imagine this scenario: Wonder if China already has a vaccine available and just waiting for this thing to spread?  Once outside China, the Chinese could then hold everyone for ransom, if they wanted to live. Meanwhile, China doesn't care if a few million of their own die. Might even welcome it. Remember, Wuhan has two labs linked to China's bio-warfare program.

Sounds like commie 101, but I don't think that's the case. If they were doinf that they'd have sent a lot more carriers to major hubs around the world weeks ago. No sign of that.

12 hours ago, AlexJohanson said:

Thai Health Authorities confirm two more cases of Coronavirus in Thailand, including a case in Hua Hin. They have stressed the fact that five of the eight have fully recovered and returned to China and the other three are being treated in good condition and urged the public to stay calm.

"If it reaches a point where public health is in danger, we will take (more) action," Anutin said, adding that the government would not prioritise tourism revenue over health".

OMG...........so you morons in government don't think that right now the public health is in danger?

Typical Thailand attitude to an issue, make a big announcement about it and then sit back and wait for the S### to hit the fan.

You just can't make this stuff up about the idiots running the country in Thailand!

5 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

My nieces in Pattaya tell me the Chinese tour groups are staying put at their hotels because they can't fly back. Is this true ?

Was driving down north Pattaya this morning ,saw loads of tour buses Full of Chinese ,going to the place where they sell ,i think Jewelry or suchlike .

1 minute ago, ivor bigun said:

Was driving down north Pattaya this morning ,saw loads of tour buses Full of Chinese ,going to the place where they sell ,i think Jewelry or suchlike .

I know the place near T21 - good opportunity to milk them of any remaining baht before hotels try to get their monies due. Going to be some interesting videos turning up on social for sure. This could get nasty pdq virus or no virus. 

8 minutes ago, Barefoot said:

The new death numbers came out as being 80 today but I have not seen the updated recovery numbers.  But this is something to watch.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Currently 80 dead, 54 recovered. I would be interested in knowing how long it took for those to end up in each category. The sources and downloadable spreadsheet are on that page, bottom right corner.

Edited by DrTuner

2 hours ago, smedly said:

yes I posted about this on another thread - I have to go soon and would rather not

90 day reporting should be suspended 

It was the same on Thursday but just drove in drove out but times up bullet biting and shallow breathing time it just had to be done ????

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's what you get when you side with China. All their goodies. Somnamnaa.

You do realise the virus is in quite a few other countries as well? 15 others so far including the USA, France, Australia etc etc.

Personally I'm getting tired of all the China/Thailand bashing, save it for the bar with other like minded people.

It's happened, lets deal with it instead of the multitude of pointless, nasty, racist comments.

Then again this is TVF - carry on chaps.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

You do realise the virus is in quite a few other countries as well? 15 others so far including the USA, France, Australia etc etc.

Personally I'm getting tired of all the China/Thailand bashing, save it for the bar with other like minded people.

It's happened, lets deal with it instead of the multitude of pointless, nasty, racist comments.

Then again this is TVF - carry on chaps.

You do realize the infection started in an illegal Chinese wet market and that 98% of the infected people are in mainland China?

RLR003527.tif

• Sad 1

Just now, Barefoot said:

You do realize the infection started in an illegal Chinese wet market and that 98% of the infected people are in mainland China?

RLR003527.tif 12.4 kB · 1 download

That's quite a story.  Canada sent them the virus for their SPECIAL lab in ... wait for it .... Wuhan.

It's a convenient story that it came from soup.

Quite a story.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

That's quite a story.  Canada sent them the virus for their SPECIAL lab in ... wait for it .... Wuhan.

It's a convenient story that it came from soup.

Quite a story.

I never said it came from soup.  That is a stupid story that was quickly debunked.  But the infection has been traced to the wet market in Wuhan, where thousands of exotic live animals were housed in close proximity.  It's viral speed dating in that environment between species that would never interact in the wild.  It is unclear what species passed it to humans, but it will all be figured out eventually.  But at this point, it seems beyond dispute that it started at that market.  The Chinese closed down the market on January 1.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Barefoot said:

RLR003527.tif 12.4 kB · 4 downloads

The wet market was not illegal. Some of the products on sale were illegal. But that is irrelevant, legal or not doesn't mean much does it? 

• Thanks 1

I found the first hint I've seen of how long it takes to move from the "infected" column to "died" or "recovered".

The man was admitted to a hospital on Jan. 9 after experiencing a high fever for three days, according to the health commission of Hubei province, where Wuhan is located. A radiograph showed he had a lung infection and a high white blood cell count. He succumbed to the deadly virus on Jan. 23 after a drop in heart rate and a cardiac arrest.

https://time.com/5770924/wuhan-coronavirus-youngest-death/

That's 14 days from hospital admission until death, 17 from onset of fever. The diagnosed seems to hover around 3k a few hours ago. In about three weeks the mortality rate within that group should be more clear. So we need to wait weeks to get a real view into it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

OK, if you insist...

8/(69,131,183 + 44,444,444)*100=

% chance of getting Coronavirus, assuming equal risk.

Still afraid of Math? ????

Have you ever heard of exponential growth?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, webfact said:

"Detecting infected patients is a good sign because it shows that our system is efficient," (Health Minister) Anutin said.

How does this idiot know what percentage of infected people are being found? Therefore he cannot know how effective or ineffective the system is. Even the Health Minister is stupid.

2 hours ago, Barefoot said:

I never said it came from soup.  That is a stupid story that was quickly debunked.  But the infection has been traced to the wet market in Wuhan, where thousands of exotic live animals were housed in close proximity.  It's viral speed dating in that environment between species that would never interact in the wild.  It is unclear what species passed it to humans, but it will all be figured out eventually.  But at this point, it seems beyond dispute that it started at that market.  The Chinese closed down the market on January 1.

This research says it did not originate in the market.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/wuhan-seafood-market-may-not-be-source-novel-virus-spreading-globally

29 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

Actually it doesn't.

But to be honest, we still do not know where the virus came from now.

It says they got no clue. Could still have been from the market.

Here's the research mentioned in that article:

http://virological.org/t/clock-and-tmrca-based-on-27-genomes/347

and there one comment:

We are starting to see more structure in the tree and overall the genetic data is highly suggestive of a single-point introduction into the human population followed by sustained human-to-human transmission. This introduction was likely via either a single infected animal or a small cluster of recently infected animals directly into either a single human individual or a small cluster of human individuals. All subsequent cases are the result of human-to-human transmission with no further evidence of zoonotic transmissions.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, justin case said:

after ENDGAME the movie, now a real endgame ...

WW3 threat (iran drone killings), volcano's, australia burning, china's deadly virus, mhhh, what to expect next week ?

More nonsense from TAT about the number of tourists coming here instead of China ????

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

How does this idiot know what percentage of infected people are being found? Therefore he cannot know how effective or ineffective the system is. Even the Health Minister is stupid.

He majored in engineering or something, definitely not anything relevant to health services