Golf In Or Around Ubon

bendix

I'm making my first trip to Ubon over the Songkran period. Is it worth taking my golf clubs? I've got a few days of idling around and am interested to know if there are any decent courses around. I've checked thaigolfer.com and see two VERY cheap options - there must be more, surely?

Can any locals throw some light on this?

I think three options but the permanent residents on this group would be better to advice. From memory the three I know are:

Ubon Airbase Golf course

Warin Chamrap Golf Course - used by many farangs

Sirindorn Dam Golf Course

Jay

I'm making my first trip to Ubon over the Songkran period. Is it worth taking my golf clubs? I've got a few days of idling around and am interested to know if there are any decent courses around. I've checked thaigolfer.com and see two VERY cheap options - there must be more, surely?

Can any locals throw some light on this?

Well

all my nut friends are playing in Warin Military base on the left hand side when coming from town,,9 holes only, there is no 18 holes in ubon.

Cheap as hel_l.

A few mates and I have been playing at Warin army base golf course in Ubon for the past year or so. Its a 9 hole course meaning you go around twice for 18. Its nothing flash but its all we have so you make the best with what you have. It will cost you about 320 baht for 18 holes and around 200 baht tip for the caddy. My tip is to start as early as possible due to the heat after about 9am and also because the course fills up with thais by the dozens after about 11 am. Most days there are other farangs playing so introduce yourself and join in.

Another alternative is a 9 hole course down at Sirindhorn dam about 70 kms from Ubon on the road to Chong Mek. Its a very nice course around a lake with a very nice clubhouse for food and refreshments afterwards. This course is normally very quiet due to the distance to go there.

Enjoy