Work permit... place of work and tax

Hello. Wondered if anyone knows the answers to these questions? I think I am about to offered a job with a US company that has a subsidiary office (and presumably a corporate identity here in Bangkok).

1. In a work permit, does it restrict where you can work (in terms of locations in Thailand)? For instance, if the subidiary's office is in Sukhumvit and my home is in Ladprao, is it OK to work at home or do I have to travel to work at the office?

2. In terms of income tax, I understand that there are quite high tax requirements in Thailand. But what percentage would I be expected to pay on, say, income of THB2 million a year? Is there a way to reduce the amount you pay in tax?

Hopefully, someone knows something about these issues. Thank you so much for any advice.

J

1. The new work permit doesn't have the company address in, only the location, so in your case it would be Bangkok, you can work anywhere in Bangkok for the company.

2. Thai PIT is on a sliding scale, similar to the UK, you get personal allowance and allowances for wife and children, you can get further relief by going in to one of the RMF or similar offered by banks.