Video: Woman rescued after she falls on the tracks at downtown Bangkok BTS station

webfact

Video: Woman rescued after she falls on the tracks at downtown Bangkok BTS station

7pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a woman fell on the tracks at Ratchathewi BTS station around 3.30 pm yesterday. 

Station officials hurriedly pressed the emergency button to stop an in coming train. 

The woman was helped to safety and was only slightly injured. 

Five seconds of the drama was caught on video by Twitter user @indy_story_ who said: "I never thought I'd see that on the BTS. We had to wave at the train to stop!".

The video showed the woman in a black T-shirt and white hat sitting between the rails. 

Sanook said that people were calling to her saying: "Do you want some "yaa dom"? (smelling salts)"

The incident caused delays on the system with the public being advised to give extra time for their journeys, said the media.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-29

One of the benefits of having security guards on the platforms. There is always someone there to hit the power cut when something like this happens.

Where I am, the system averages 27 attempts per year with about half of those being succesful.

21 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I imagine she's sitting there because parts of those tracks etc are highly electrified.

Still, all it would take is a strong hand to yank her up without touching anything.

I believe the electrified bit is the rail under the yellow? trunking and the shoe on the train picks up power from underneath.

The electrified rail is in the middle so if she was not hurt and had the time climbing up is the best option. If there's no time or if injured, see the hole where she has her legs ? Lying down here would give you a large clearance from the train.

Yes, how do you know I had a lot of time to think about this on my commute...

Edited by yokat