Dividend from Foreign Company Tax Question

If a UK national permanently living in Thailand receives a dividend on money earned in the previous tax year, is that money taxable under Thai law? The dividend would come from a foreign company that doesn't operate in Thailand and be sent to a Thai bank account.

I've read conflicting information, so if anyone has any experience of this, please share your thoughts. Thanks 

I looked at this a while back. My understanding is that you are not taxed on that dividend as long as it was not transferred to your Thai bank account (or brought into Thailand) on the same Thai tax year it was paid. So if it was paid on a previous tax year you are in the clear.

i believe that the Thai tax year is 1 Jan to 31 Dec. Best check as I am not 100% on that.

To be clear, a dividend paid into a foreign brokerage account on 12 November 2019 is not taxable if transferred to Thai bank account on or after 1 Jan 2020.

Edited by AlexRich

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I looked at this a while back. My understanding is that you are not taxed on that dividend as long as it was not transferred to your Thai bank account (or brought into Thailand) on the same Thai tax year it was paid. So if it was paid on a previous tax year you are in the clear.

i believe that the Thai tax year is 1 Jan to 31 Dec. Best check as I am not 100% on that.

To be clear, a dividend paid into a foreign brokerage account on 12 November 2019 is not taxable if transferred to Thai bank account on or after 1 Jan 2020.

Agree :thumbsup:

PS - easier to just say calendar year.