Health officials warn of possible coronavirus outbreaks in Thailand’s most popular tourists destinations

webfact

1 hour ago, transam said:

Are you saying Thailand does not have very serious road accident statistics that those in control have not controlled.......?

Plus it seems those in control are happy to see underage, unlicensed children riding motor cycles to school every day..Can you show some light on the reason as you purport to be Thai...?

Well put: ..."purport to be Thai."  And sadly, he has a lot of TV members convinced!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No mention of Pattaya? 

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport onWednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of thesituation”.

If you werent worried before ..........

and then on Thursday he takes a sickie! 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There is no mention of Pattaya, because there will be no infections from Corona Virus in the City.

Its probably the one place the Authorities want to be Virus free in order to attract Local Tourists from within their own Borders

Ah right. Because they don’t want it there it won’t happen there. Gotcha. 

"Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of the situation”."

Uh oh, time for me to put up the shutters. What's he trying to do, panic the whole nation?

Edited by jesimps

Here is the crazy thing, Laso is literally on the border to China, and yet they have had no infected persons as of now. They also have closed many schools and have stopped Chinese flights. Yet Thailand to the South has done things very differently to the Northern cousins, and look how things are working out here 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Prayut is sick now.

social media say it the Coronavirus

A212973F-8062-460E-9A20-EAFE7A67767C.jpeg

Thank you for this update, Yinn. I cannot help but feel... what's the word?... oh, yes... SCHADENFREUDE. It seems his "100% under control" blurb of two days ago has come to bite him in his general's butt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Was under control yesterday.....so what went wrong?  Words from an old Leo Sayer song just came into my head. Forgive me if I misquote "Clowns to the right of us clowns to the left, stuck in the middle with you. " 

I remembered that jokers were on one side. So cheated and looked it up to see the jokers were on the right.

7 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Was under control yesterday.....so what went wrong?  Words from an old Leo Sayer song just came into my head. Forgive me if I misquote "Clowns to the right of us clowns to the left, stuck in the middle with you. " 

Steelers Wheel, with Gerry Rafferty, not Leo Sayer

"there had been no cases of local transmission in Thailand."

Thai authorities are simply unbelievably clever. Can someone tell them about the 2 weeks of symptomless incubation period, while contagious since day number 1 or 2.... How can these officials talk such endless nonsense without losing their stupid face? They should face immediate consequences for misleading the public!

And buffalo Prayut demonstrated how safe the airport is but had around his useless head a face mask despite closed down airport by his guards.

Btw they say online Prayut has now fever and has visited a hospital.... hopefully true...we pray all

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of the situation”.

And now he is ill and must stay home with fever. 

May he quickly join the after life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

“We have to monitor Thais in professions that come in contact with foreign tourists, particularly the Chinese,” said Dr Tanarak.

Foreign tourist? So, Thai should worry about Norwegian or Canadian tourists?

<deleted> these people thinking before open their mouth?

It's quite funny to see Thais wearing mask inside the elevator after see foreigners, when really it should be Westerners who should be worried that Thai people aren't sick.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Georgie65 said:

Stop all incoming flights from Communist China immediately!!!!!!!!

That will have minimal effect on stopping the spread of this virus, because people will just book their flights to an airport in a pro China country (like Duterteland) and then book an ongoing flight to the country of their choice.

The only ban that will be effective is to ban anyone with a Chinese passport.

28 minutes ago, theequalizer said:

The only ban that will be effective is to ban anyone with a Chinese passport.

That's fairly easily done with a visa policy, like Vietnam is doing now: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-vietnam-visa/vietnam-to-stop-issuing-visas-for-chinese-tourists-over-coronavirus-concerns-idUSKBN1ZT203