Drone registration in Thailand

sup3r1or

Hello, just picked up DJI Mavic Mini.

Didn't know that Thailand is backward as hell with the drone registration even for those under 250 grams.  So my question is how does one goes about registering a drone ESPECIALLY NOT living anywhere close to a big city? I live an hour drive from Chiang Rai and I don't even think there any agency there that deals with it. Heard some storied that it can take up to 6 months and requires insurance and a million other documents. What is your experience and advice? Is there any guide for this. 

P.S Sorry if posted in the wrong section of the forum but I just didn't know where else to put his. 

18 hours ago, sup3r1or said:

I live an hour drive from Chiang Rai and I don't even think there any agency there that deals with it.

Is there anyone where you want to fly it likely to have a problem with it? Is there anyone there likely to be familiar with the restrictive laws and who may initiate prosecution?  Are you likely to harm or interfere with anyone or thing?

If I lived in an open area in the countryside I would buy one in an instant and worry about consequences if they happen.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Is there anyone where you want to fly it likely to have a problem with it? Is there anyone there likely to be familiar with the restrictive laws and who may initiate prosecution?  Are you likely to harm or interfere with anyone or thing?

If I lived in an open area in the countryside I would buy one in an instant and worry about consequences if they happen.

If you fail to register with the NBTC and are caught by the police, you could face up to five years in prison or a fine of 100,000 THB (approx. 3,000 euros).

https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-thailand/

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

If you fail to register with the NBTC and are caught by the police, you could face up to five years in prison or a fine of 100,000 THB (approx. 3,000 euros).

https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-thailand/

I thought it was only petty Thai officials who liked to sprout maximum penalties for offences in an effort to scare transgressors.

I would think if you flew a drone into an aircraft on final approach you may end up in that sort of trouble, but using one harmlessly in a safe area would probably involve a very small fine like 500 TBH. (approx. 1,150 Indian Rupees)

I wonder how many people posting drone videos here are fully registered? 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/138-best-of-thailand-videos/

Edited by Old Croc

I live on a quiet are and usually in the past when I flew friends drone I do it away from places that can cause any issues.  

Someone here mentioned ghat foreigners are not allowed to register drones for now because some flew into restricted areas etc. So does that mean like with anything Thais never do anything wrong or bad? 

Therefore we aren't allowed to fly drones based on race and or culture. 

On 2/1/2020 at 2:56 PM, sup3r1or said:

I live on a quiet are and usually in the past when I flew friends drone I do it away from places that can cause any issues.  

Someone here mentioned ghat foreigners are not allowed to register drones for now because some flew into restricted areas etc. So does that mean like with anything Thais never do anything wrong or bad? 

Therefore we aren't allowed to fly drones based on race and or culture. 

If you base your perceptions on what "someone mentioned here" then your perceptions will inevitably be skewed. No problem registering to fly drones.