Calf afterbirth any one ? yumy yumy !

Liverpudlian

What a great youtube opportunity missed, yesterday we watched a calf birth in a nearby field and the owner was on standby then slop !  out it came and the owner quickly picked up a big mess of afterbirth and slopped it into a bucket ... yep !  its for human consumption, alas my recently aquired gopro 7 camera was back at the dealership down in bangers thus a good possible popular vlog vid missed but an eye out for the next chance.

2 hours ago, tifino said:

did farmer joe actually tell you, first hand, that it's destined for the table? 

a video at the table would answer that

I reckon he's got hungry pitbulls?

Nope, er indoors tells me its smack lips delicious & i will try to cover it when the next ones due ... as farmer joe has a herd up the duff, all i need is my gopro back cos that could go virol  on my youtube chanel for totaly weird content.

• Thanks 1

This is indeed a delicacy in some parts of Thailand.  Yonks ago when in Sakon Nakon at my mad ex's village abode, she told me that I was very lucky because there was a delicacy to eat.

"OK, what is it?"  I asked.

"It's water buffalo".

Hmm, that didn't sound too bad, until she presented me with a bowl of grey 'slop'.

"Right, what part of the water buffalo is this?"  I asked.

"It's baby water buffalo - well, actually it's the afterbirth".  (BTW, I do speak very good Thai, so this conversation was all in Thai/Issan).

"OK........, water buffalo placenta.  I think I'll pass on this one, especially because you've forgotten one thing".

"What's that?" she queried.

"You've forgotten to cook it!".

Yep, the tasty local delicacy was RAW water buffalo placenta....  ????????????

Edited by simon43
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

This is indeed a delicacy in some parts of Thailand.  Yonks ago when in Sakon Nakon at my mad ex's village abode, she told me that I was very lucky because there was a delicacy to eat.

"OK, what is it?"  I asked.

"It's water buffalo".

Hmm, that didn't sound too bad, until she presented me with a bowl of grey 'slop'.

"Right, what part of the water buffalo is this?"  I asked.

"It's baby water buffalo - well, actually it's the afterbirth".  (BTW, I do speak very good Thai, so this conversation was all in Thai/Issan).

"OK........, water buffalo placenta.  I think I'll pass on this one, especially because you've forgotten one thing".

"What's that?" she queried.

"You've forgotten to cook it!".

Yep, the tasty local delicacy was RAW water buffalo placenta....  ????????????

Makes me wonder if some of these folks are harbouring squigly wigly things in the brains or guts ey ! my 6th sense says YUP. 

42 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Nope, er indoors tells me its smack lips delicious & i will try to cover it when the next ones due ... as farmer joe has a herd up the duff, all i need is my gopro back cos that could go virol  on my youtube chanel for totaly weird content.

You missed the boat, there is another YouTuber that has goats, they collected the afterbirth cooked it and ate it. Well off to McD's now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Are you describing yourself by any chance?  It certainly looks like it!

Border case? perhaps as one needs to be a tad dummer than dum to live int this tin pot country for 15 years and laugh at ya self ey ! ???? 

Edited by Liverpudlian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

My wife is involved in a DLS project of 100 plus cows. With the birth rate we see alot of placentas sac's and into the stew pot they go.

Aroi mak mak.???? Notice the green bucket.????

image.png.16f6e63d3318aca51a0a412c8dfd0604.png

MMMMM yumy ! now where's my black pepper grinder.

• Haha 1