Despite brave holdouts, virus gutting island tourism

rooster59

9 hours ago, Rocket Hawks said:

Oh please, you’re just bitter and jealous that people are getting a tan. I lay out in the sun everyday in Phuket and only between 11am and 2pm when the UV index is over 10 ( i’m Irish, German, Norwegian, spanish ) and would never give that up. I surfed and did tanning salons form age 14 to 30 too. I still look 21 most people say and a decade younger than my peers. Laying out in the sun has nothing to do with aging and cancer. You get cancer and age as result of poor genetics. Even if I do get skin cancer some day, it’s extremely easy and cheap to treat In 2020. Skin cancer is not a big deal anymore. There will be a cure for cancer within 4 years anyways. It will be pricey at first but 10 years form now, no one will die from cancer. Fact.

Laying out, and baking in the sun, is nothing to brag about these days!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Ricketts cases are on the rise in America for the first time in 100 years because of panicked parents covering up and slathering their kids in sunscreen. Get real. Sunshine is good for humans. Your limit is up to you, not some third party.

Sunshine is good for humans.

I totally agree. But I doubt that the people we're seeing in those pictures are taking in their Vitamin D in moderation. Nor are they there for the "D".

I've strolled along vacation beaches, including Thailand. I see what goes on.

10 hours ago, Rocket Hawks said:

Have you ever been to Phuket? There are dozens of beaches that are not Patong Beach that are great for swimming. Try Layan or Naithon Beach.  At least 6 months out of the year, you can have the entire beach to yourself. Phuket beaches dangerous??? Lol. Give me a break. Do the people that post on this site even live in Thailand? If you’ve been to Phuket, have you been to anywhere other than Patong Beach? Phuket is so much more than Patong. I swear, it’s like we are living in two different countries! 

The poster very much lives in Thailand ! ATX knows well about sun.

On a side note, another member commented to me just yesterday that "some members on TVF are pretty aggressive".

I guess he's encountered you before! LFAO.

4 hours ago, neeray said:

Sunshine is good for humans.

I totally agree. But I doubt that the people we're seeing in those pictures are taking in their Vitamin D in moderation. Nor are they there for the "D".

I've strolled along vacation beaches, including Thailand. I see what goes on.

IIRC 10mins in sunlight is enough per day to get the D. Of course the mall vampires in BKK only get 2 secs per year, by accident. Immune systems offline and ripe for the virus.

Edited by DrTuner

4 hours ago, neeray said:

The poster very much lives in Thailand ! ATX knows well about sun.

Right and thank you neeray :jap:

I'm living in Sakon Nakhon province since 14 years and I'm cycling nearly every day .

Phuket is far from my province ;

I went there already a long time ago ;

I wrote the sea is dangerous ( not the beaches ) because there are bottom waves that drag you down to the bottom and out to sea.
So if you are not a good swimmer and you cannot swim underwater you are likely to die drowned;
thing which happens very frequently on all the beaches of Phuket and curiously much more rarely in Samui, Pattaya or other seaside, Cha Am, Hua Hin .. Prachuap ...
I really like to swim on the surface but also underwater;
I am able to swim several kilometers by alternating the different types of swimming, as I am able at 71 years old to travel 200 km by bike under the sun of Thailand.
It is simply because I love these types of sports that I practice for very long years.
I don't smoke and I never drink alcohol.

Edited by Assurancetourix