PM sends letter of sympathy to Chinese premier

rooster59

PM sends letter of sympathy to Chinese premier

By The Nation

800_b02d184fe7e3485.jpeg

File Photo of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha /NationPhoto

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Friday (January 31) sent a letter of sympathy to Premier Li Keqiang of the State Council of China on the epidemic caused by coronavirus.

In his letter, Prayut, on behalf of the Thai government and Thai people, extended his “sincere condolences and deepest sympathies” to Premier Li and the Chinese people. 

Prayut stated that Thailand and China share a close and special bond of friendship, and he had full confidence that China will overcome this situation and emerge stronger. 

Prayut also expressed his appreciation for China’s generosity towards the care of Thai people in Wuhan and other affected areas and expressed the Thai government’s readiness to assist China in any possible way to alleviate the situation.

4E63E8D5-9E8B-498F-AE16-129E16CF36D7.jpeg

File Photo :Chuan Leekpai/ NationPhoto

Meanwhile, President of the National Assembly and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chuan Leekpai, also sent a letter of sympathy to the chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress of China, Li Zhanshu. 

In his letter, Chuan Leekpai expressed concern about the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan as well as his confidence that with strict measures and efficient management, China would be able to control and eventually eliminate the disease. He wished that Chinese people would stay safe through this emergency and that the worst of the crisis would soon be over. 

He reaffirmed the support of the Thai people through this period of hardship.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381433?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-02
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nev said:

Why ? Does he send his send his Sympathy to those dieing in poor countries of starvation, It's only virus that will go away sooner or later.

It's not that simple. Over 300 are dead, far more to come. Death count jumped from 260 to 305 overnight. It's now spread throughout China (two weeks) and twenty countries in three weeks.

Sooner or later. Spanish flu was later.

I'm guessing this means they won't bar entry to the country nor halt flights. Alrighty then......

Edited by Number 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CGW said:

We are going to go through a period of scaremongering now, with posts like this, based on what - "I heard" 

How many factories are there making masks in China, why wouldn't they satisfy demand, I worked in China for years, masks are commonly worn, within industry N95 has been the standard for many, many years, they keep huge stocks.

All these masks are not effective in protection. Some are believed to be against transmission worn properly. I am also reading accounts of shortages.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

We are going to go through a period of scaremongering now, with posts like this, based on what - "I heard" 

How many factories are there making masks in China, why wouldn't they satisfy demand, I worked in China for years, masks are commonly worn, within industry N95 has been the standard for many, many years, they keep huge stocks.

How many factories are still operating? A population of what? 1.4 billionrequiring 3-4 clean, uncontaminated masks each, every day...…

Then, they have to be despatched country wide in a lockdown situation and  then they are sold at extortionate prices everywhere - regardless of human misery.

why do you believe that China can possibly keep up with demand?

what nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

what nonsense.

Obviously our opinions are somewhat different, mine are based on having worked in China for some years, your opinions appear to be based on irrational panic, an opinion that you are quite entitled to have ???? 

Revel in the media created sensationalism :shock1:

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CGW said:

Obviously our opinions are somewhat different, mine are based on having worked in China for some years, your opinions appear to be based on irrational panic, an opinion that you are quite entitled to have ???? 

Revel in the media created sensationalism :shock1:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30260-9/fulltext

Take 10 min to read this. Look at the numbers and and the numbers coming. There is a real reason to be worried as this will get much much worse. Also for Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Deer Xi,

I am Prayut from Thailaaaan. Solly for tings. Good luck to u. 

joop joop love u

12 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

PS.

Pleess keep sendin more China tourist to Thai for holiday P' Xi. Tank you naa.  

PPS: The falangs here vely stubbornly. Don 1 2 go home. Thai girl and food best in world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A post containing unsubstantiated claims about the coronavirus infection rate has been removed.  Please post a link to back up your claims. 

Some posts containing a new derogatory term toward the Chinese people has been removed.  Continue to post using that term and your posts will continue to be removed. 

9 hours ago, khunpa said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30260-9/fulltext

Take 10 min to read this. Look at the numbers and and the numbers coming. There is a real reason to be worried as this will get much much worse. Also for Thailand.

Especially for Thailand:

Capture.PNG.5b3ff0d560250dae84ac0d2588419379.PNG

They won't be able to quarantine Bangkok the way the commies can back in China.

• Like 1