BMA cleans up Skywalk to prevent coranavirus

rooster59

BMA cleans up Skywalk to prevent coranavirus

tewit kemtong

b8434e64f4cc2befed8ccfbbecb3fc8a_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has conducted a cleanup activity and called on members of the public to wear health masks and to wash hands often to protect themselves from coronavirus.

BMA Permanent Secretary Silapasuay Ravisaengsura led over 1,000 BMA volunteers in the cleanup activity today, to prevent coronavirus in the Skywalk area in Pathumwan district of Bangkok. Skywalk stairway railings, walkway railings and poles were cleaned, while health masks and hand-washing gel were handed out to tourists and other passers-by.

Meanwhile, the BMA has called on members of the public not to panic and to eat hot food, use center spoons, wear health masks and wash their hands frequently. They should also avoid touching objects in public places.

Besides the Skywalk area, the BMA volunteers have spread out to other public spots to maintain the cleanup activity to prevent a further BMA spread of the new virus.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-02-02

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

hand-washing gel

this is so funny... human dna is 45 percent virus

you have good bacteria and bad bacteria on your skin

kill most good and you get an overgrowth of the 1 percent bad that survives

don't put your fingers on your face, in your nose, eye, ear ... and wash with "normal" soap, if you can find some ... 

• Confused 1

I follow their recommendations even in normal times. With the current situation I just wash my hands more regularly and I do it a little more conscienciously when I am coming from outside. I never touch the handrail on skywalks but now I also make the extra effort to not touch it in stairs and escalators. The most difficult part for me is to not touch my face, I tend to do it a lot because of some (imaginary?) itches.

A good advice that I read online is to act like everything you touch outside your home is made of raw spicy chicken.

Can anybody shine a light on this please, I don't quite get the meaning of it:

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

use center spoons

10 hours ago, naboo said:

Means in the dishes shared between several people, have a spoon for the dish to spoon the food onto your plate, rather than dig into the shared dish with your own virus infested spoon.

I consider the practice of everyone eating from the same trough (bowl) as a dirty, filthy habit and I refuse to partake.  I will go hungry first!  What is most surprising is that the population survives after following such an unhealthy practice.  Another peeve and unhealthy practice is the whole neighbourhood using a common drinking vessel.