Sovereignty comes first: Britain lays out tough stance for EU trade talks

webfact

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This is the same UK being told by the US what taxes are not acceptable.

True, except every nation the UK negotiates with says 'what taxes are not acceptable'. That is the essence of trade talk.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Boris will be stating very clearing that the EU was supposed to be a Trading Bloc only, and that the movement of the Brussels bureaucrats (mainly French and German) into all aspects of the lives of the UK People was unacceptable - especially into immigration and UK laws.

Boris will also be stating that the UK will talk with any other State about leaving the EU, and will be in the future more than willing to assist them in going thorugh the process.

There is no truth to the rumour that Boris will be telling the EU that just like in WW2 the UK will defeat Germany and all its allies with help from the USA and that he and Trump have already started the process to create a new bi-lateral trading agreement.  

you seem to be well informed

in which bars do you get all your int.?

could perhaps do with a stool  and so drinks there to become more infored

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Whats it like to have lost to the uneducated and what does that make you, jealous, bitter, hurting, sore loser? 

And the icing on the cake is that Nissan has suggested that if any tariffs are imposed on any of its cars, they will pull out of France and Spain and just concentrate on production in the UK. The sweet smell of success, don't you just love it.????????????

Grow up, vogie. You know as well as I do that the UK government is facing an Everest-type climb to enable us to compete with the three largest mainstream economies  - USA, China, EU - in making acceptable trade deals that would raise the standard of living in our Union - that's if Scotland and Ireland remain tied to little England. 

To single out Nissan is just reductionism at its worst  - no country seeking global self-sufficiency would depend on anything other than multiple trade deals with many countries and global businesses. That's one reason why we should avoid putting all our eggs into the USA basket.

My stance on this post-Brexit is to support johnson while he pushes UK's right to be independent, although to put my trust in politicians to get it right this time around is a step too far. Too much water under the bridge to be confident of success. We'll see the outcome in a decade from now, is my best guesstimate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The DDoS* (if that's what it is) currently attacking this website is rendering navigation & posting almost impossible. As ???????????????????????????? has been mentioned in this thread here's a car crash interview by Ian Blackford a few days ago...

(*I first tried uploading 8pm yesterday ???? )

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, vogie said:

Whats it like to have lost to the uneducated and what does that make you, jealous, bitter, hurting, sore loser? 

And the icing on the cake is that Nissan has suggested that if any tariffs are imposed on any of its cars, they will pull out of France and Spain and just concentrate on production in the UK. The sweet smell of success, don't you just love it.????????????

Correct me if I’m wrong but these reports of what Nissan have said are unattributed second hand, Nissan has not formally made a statement on the matter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Its a mistery to me how you haven't had a heart attack by now over Brexit...I have read three plus years of your doom and gloom...????

...and there could be another three plus years ahead. As I stated, I'll support johnson in his quest to write his name in the history books as the PM who boldly went where no man went before by taking the UK out of the EU.

• Haha 1