Thailand preparing to cash in on trade ties with UK after Brexit

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

GIve it a few years and there hardly is anything to trade with the UK. It boggles the mind how those people voted in favor of Brexit, didn't even bloody think. Emotion is never a good guideline. The UK will find out. It is hardly rocket science. One tiny little country, or >20, only an idiot would believe that the negotiation power of the latter would be the same as that of the former. You cannot fix stupid. 

So there's no hope for you then.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:49 AM, Rookiescot said:

We HAVE not left yet.

Would I be right, in thinking you and you and your fellow <deleted> are worried that when the exit process is completed, your forecast of economic disaster,will be shown to be sour grapes, sprouted by people who do not accept democracy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So there's no hope for you then.

Oh, I will be perfectly fine, no worries there. I am not letting anyone telling me fairy tales and downright lies. That I leave to some of the brexit fellows, that were lied to from the very beginning. As I said, you cannot fix stupid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tiger1980 said:

Would I be right, in thinking you and you and your fellow <deleted> are worried that when the exit process is completed, your forecast of economic disaster,will be shown to be sour grapes, sprouted by people who do not accept democracy.

Ah the democracy card. Still ignoring the fact that the majority for a brexit was as thin as it could possibly be. In many countries, a substantial change (such as a constitutional change) requires a substantial majority (2/3), yet this was pushed through regardless. To paint people opposed to brexit as "undemocratic" is absolute garbage. 

The economic consequences will come, it is not a question of if, it is merely a question of how soon. Logic cannot be defied. Even though some people seem to think they can. How's the NHS doing ?

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh, I will be perfectly fine, no worries there. I am not letting anyone telling me fairy tales and downright lies. That I leave to some of the brexit fellows, that were lied to from the very beginning. As I said, you cannot fix stupid.

Yes, we were lied to from the very beginning, in 1972. G'nite.

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The governments own risk assessments over Brexit show a contraction for the economy regardless of which Brexit it is. Basically the harder the Brexit the worse it is.

So yes they are facts. Something you Brexiteers seem to have an allergic reaction too.  

Can you tell us about these facts please? Here's a reminder of the definition: 

Fact; A thing that is known, or proved to be true. 

Go! 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Yes, we were lied to from the very beginning, in 1972. G'nite.

Good night and good luck, it is crystal clear you are going to need it. You have not been lied to, but as always in for a penny, in for a pound. Glad you guys left, no more whinging. 

56 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Fact; A thing that is known, or proved to be true. 

A fact :The U.K. has left the E.U..

There are posts  here from highly optmists, and ultra pessimists, both pretending knowing the future. 

Reality/changes/concrete facts, especially for the man in the street, if happening, will not been seen before 2021.

4 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Good night and good luck, it is crystal clear you are going to need it. You have not been lied to, but as always in for a penny, in for a pound. Glad you guys left, no more whinging. 

First we were lied to....

Next, we haven't been lied to....

How can I whinge when I am so confused?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh, go on, give it a go.????????

13 hours ago, luckyluke said:

A fact :The U.K. has left the E.U..

There are posts  here from highly optmists, and ultra pessimists, both pretending knowing the future. 

Reality/changes/concrete facts, especially for the man in the street, if happening, will not been seen before 2021.

Agreed

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You haven't provided any facts yet. Just forecasts. Do you know the difference? 

ROFL. Its the governments own forecasts.

Oh wait we have to wait for it to actually happen before Brexiteers believe its happening.

Brexit is a cult. You dont need facts or reality. You just need belief. 

And anyone who does not believe as you do is a heretic and a traitor?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:
6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You haven't provided any facts yet. Just forecasts. Do you know the difference? 

ROFL. Its the governments own forecasts.

Oh wait we have to wait for it to actually happen before Brexiteers believe its happening.

Brexit is a cult. You dont need facts or reality. You just need belief. 

And anyone who does not believe as you do is a heretic and a traitor?

I'm sure you know the difference between a forecast (even a government forecast) and a fact. Rolling on the floor laughing won't help you. Maybe try a dictionary ???? 

If the manager of Hibs says that Hibs are going to beat Hearts next season, is that a fact or a forecast? 

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm sure you know the difference between a forecast (even a government forecast) and a fact. Rolling on the floor laughing won't help you. Maybe try a dictionary ???? 

If the manager of Hibs says that Hibs are going to beat Hearts next season, is that a fact or a forecast? 

You claimed in post 108 that the governments own forecasts do not show the country being worse off.

They do. This is a fact. 

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

You claimed in post 108 that the governments own forecasts do not show the country being worse off.

They do. This is a fact. 

Government forecasts are fake news for the illiterati, didn't you know?

I mean, any business of any worth makes forecasts. Of course, they are never spot on (I mean how can you predict the future accurately?) but any forecast that is done well will give you an idea of what will happen and make your plans accordingly. Its how people make money and avoid losing money.

Of course these blokes just wonder around thinking that business and government just should 'take a stab at things' without any planning. About sums up their approach to things.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, samran said:

I mean, any business of any worth makes forecasts. Of course, they are never spot on (I mean how can you predict the future accurately?) but any forecast that is done well will give you an idea of what will happen and make your plans accordingly. Its how people make money and avoid losing money.

Of course these blokes just wonder around thinking that business and government just should 'take a stab at things' without any planning. About sums up their approach to things.

Yet another really daft post......And you talk about illiteracy.......Gawd.........????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, samran said:

The pro-EU civil servants working under Theresa May's government did a worst case scenario risk assessment, on the basis that we left the EU without a withdrawal agreement last year. It highlighted all the areas where preparations should be considered if there was a disorderly Brexit on 29th March 2019. 

That assessment may have served a purpose at the time, but now it is totally irrelevant. There is no reason to bring that report into discussions now. It's now just a meaningless soundbite for die-hard remainers. 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, sjaak327 said:

GIve it a few years and there hardly is anything to trade with the UK. It boggles the mind how those people voted in favor of Brexit, didn't even bloody think. Emotion is never a good guideline. The UK will find out. It is hardly rocket science. One tiny little country, or >20, only an idiot would believe that the negotiation power of the latter would be the same as that of the former. You cannot fix stupid. 

What do you actually base that on, because it can't be facts.

How would any of the larger economies of the world in "a few years" have "hardly anything to trade with", how does that work? 

How is a country with a population of over 60m, and one of the largest economies in the world in any sense "tiny"?

Surely a tiny country is one like Nauru, San Marino, Grenada, or the Comoros?

Do you think that when you use words like "boggles" "stupid" and "idiot" and "bloody" that your line about "emotion" starts to look a little misplaced?

• Like 2

Nobody will be surprised or bothered by rising prices, it's what they voted for.

Shoppers have been warned to expect price hikes and shortages of fresh fruit and vegetables, even if Boris Johnson succeeds in striking a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU.

The British Retail Consortium (BRC) hit out after the government admitted traders will face multiple border checks on almost all goods from January – even if a no-deal Brexit is avoided.

Andrew Opie, the BRC’s director of food, said higher prices and some empty supermarket shelves were the inevitable consequences, without a dramatic upgrade of channel ports.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-boris-johnson-food-price-fruit-vegetable-supermarket-shortage-a9328561.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Why irrelevant?

The disorderly brexit has not gone away, just moved forward.

Boris Johnson’s suggestion that Britain could trade with the EU on the same terms as Australia would amount to a no deal, the president of the European Commission has said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-deal-australia-eu-commission-latest-a9328681.html

The Independent....................????..............Has Corby or Joe been offered a job there yet...?  ????

• Like 1