Thailand will get hurt most after the virus

RyanWalker

Yes I suppose some people will feel the pinch as you stated.

The Chinese tourists companies that do the cattle tours including,Chinese owned bus tours,Chinese owned restaurants,Chinese owned hotels,Chinese owned gift shops.

How much of this money actually goes to the average struggling Thai trying to get along on 400 baht a day.

At least we might be able to get a feed now at the buffet.

LOL

WE WILL SURVIE. 

THAIS ARE VERY GOOD AT SURVING.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Have you been honest about your opinion and in the past and informed all your "clients" of this?

There are a quarter of a million ethnic Chinese living in Bangkok; 14% of Thailand's population are Chinese and some 40% of Thais share Chinese ancestry. Rama 1 was part Chinese as were Shinawatra and Sondri who are Thai/Chinese. A couple of minutes on Wikipedia will give fuller information.

1 hour ago, toenail said:

I think “Ryan Walker” is a fake name. His style of writing and tone of voice doesn’t match a Westerner ( Mr Walker wrote some comments on this post btw complaining about the treatment of Chinese. )

agree 200% it did felt somehow familiar and a strong position defending the CCP..... another one infiltrated TV, undercover trying to detect any dissidents

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

houses and land, at least 5 that I know about are owners, not owned by a company, owned by themselves, rich, very rich Chinese, also 2-3 more own hotel and land where it's located.... and quite sure you (and a lot of us) will not see it on the news

Rubbish, they either have a Thai passport like many many foreigners on this very same website (and thus they can just buy it) too or they have to follow the same laws as everyone else.

The only ones who got a bit of an extra threatment are Americans, quite the opposite of chinese.

The usual exception to ownership laws are available to everyone, like BOI companies or 1 rai per citizen through investment, or straight up corruption. Nothing to do with their citizenship.

If you think Chinese get threated better here you must live in a different country, thailand is extremely Western and Korean fixated. 

Has a reason most celebrities are western mixed thais or kpopstars...

• Like 1

"I have thousands of Chinese clients who I talk to on a daily basis."

That's a lot of talking.

Back on topic though, you do have a point. There's a very visible disconnect between the Thai government and regular, worried Thais. So Chinese still get in, but are apparently made feel unwelcome in quite some cases. That's not a good situation for anyone involved, and social media will make sure that the most extreme stories will have the biggest audience.

2 hours ago, toenail said:

I think “Ryan Walker” is a fake name. His style of writing and tone of voice doesn’t match a Westerner ( Mr Walker wrote some comments on this post btw complaining about the treatment of Chinese. )

I'm not sure about this. Certainly the name has a 'Western' ring to it. This 'Westerner' has thousands of Chinese clients, apparently. That would lead me to believe he had a level of education above that of most of the 'Westerners' on here. No disrespect intended guys, I also put myself in that group who would never, ever, be in a position to have thousands of clients (of any nationality). But the syntax of the post isn't quite right for an 'educated' 'Westerner'. Just my opinion on his posts here. I really can't be bothered to read any previous posts of his in previous threads to try and confirm one way or the other.

• Like 1

I do sincerely hope not to see any chinese when travelling not only in Thailand but other countries as well.

With a few exceptions, they are generally rather rude, often litter, spit, don't know what a queue is, are loud, think they own every place just because they have money, and they often overcrowd and ruin any experience while travelling.

It's absolutely stupid for a country to depend so much on another country for tourism.

Thailand has been welcoming all chinese and following their instructions in regard of many policies.

Of course, Thai people only want their money, that's why even though there is a virus going on, they still welcome them with open harms and even suddenly, provide them with insurance. Never mind spreading disease.

Chinese also have many rights, which other foreigners don't.

They can be hurt, but everywhere in the world is banning chinese tourists, so why not thailand?

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 6:08 PM, RyanWalker said:

Do you think thw US cares if the Thais go there or not? Do you think Australia care? Vietnam is a s*hole so no one cares. And also as for the West, China and the West knows where they stand with each other. Thailand will drown without China though. If you don't know it, now you do.

I don't know , but do you really think there are no chinese in the west or in america . They are everywhere and they will keep going everywhere . They also invest a lot of big money all over the world you really think that's over . Seems like you don't know what your talking about . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Aylesham said:

There are a quarter of a million ethnic Chinese living in Bangkok; 14% of Thailand's population are Chinese and some 40% of Thais share Chinese ancestry. Rama 1 was part Chinese as were Shinawatra and Sondri who are Thai/Chinese. A couple of minutes on Wikipedia will give fuller information.

Is this another Chinese account with a "western name generator"?! Wikipedia isn't a factual website. Without an extensive DNA test programme, it's hard to verify, but I bet you'd find Indian, Burmese, Malay, Khmer, Mon, Viet, and even a bit of honky too.

Edited by codebunny

Do you think thw US cares if the Thais go there or not? Do you think Australia care? Vietnam is a s*hole so no one cares. And also as for the West, China and the West knows where they stand with each other. Thailand will drown without China though. If you don't know it, now you do.

I don't know , but do you really think there are no chinese in the west or in america . They are everywhere and they will keep going everywhere . They also invest a lot of big money all over the world you really think that's over . Seems like you don't know what your talking about . RyanWalker are you family of Johnny Walker or you just had a bit to much of it ?? 100% of your chinese clients that must be 1 chinese that is sharing the bottle with you then ?? 

You're just another rambling whiner without a clue. 

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You're just another rambling whiner without a clue. 

More likely he is just trying to big himself up on the forum by posting BS, unless of course he can provide some 'Proof' to back up his claims, which I think will be non existent. So Luke Sky walker or whatever your handle is fess up ???? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

More likely he is just trying to big himself up on the forum by posting BS, unless of course he can provide some 'Proof' to back up his claims, which I think will be non existent. So Luke Sky walker or whatever your handle is fess up ???? 

He must be a very busy man if he has thousands of Chinese clients and he talks to them on the phone every day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One thing for sure most if not all Chinese are very proud of their Country and good on them. The US where I’m from a lot could give a rats ass about the country...

anyway it’s probably hard to deal with people constantly blaming the virus on their country.... let’s hope a quick control of the virus for everyone’s health. I lived in China 10 years mama from Georgia 

and Papa from Alabama.. I might be a redneck...

enjoy the day

On 2/3/2020 at 5:42 PM, RyanWalker said:

I have thousands of Chinese clients who I talk to on a daily basis

You talk to thousands of people on a daily basis.

100% of my clients said they won't go to Thailand anytime soon

So thousands of people tell you they won't come to Thailand everyday. That has to get tedious fairly quickly.

The Thais have never been very friendly with the Chinese

A significant part of the population are Thai/Chinese.

The Thai-Chinese population, most of whom are second or third generation Han, Hakka, Chao Zhou, Hainamese or Cantonese, numbers about 9,000,000 or about 14% of the population of Thailand.

It is the largest Chinese community outside China and also the most highly integrated into the host nation.

In fact, the Thai-Chinese have been in Thailand for as long as 400 years in smaller numbers but have worked their way into every level of Thai society even at the very top. Not only that, but most prime-ministers of Thailand have some Chinese ancestry.

http://tigerlilyofbangkok.com/thai-chinese-people.html

Thailand will be feeling this virus long after the cure all because of ignorance

You're posting silly nonsense.

now they might have given the Chinese tourism industry a further low blow.

It's reached the point where airlines have stopped flying in and out of China and many countries have restricted Chinese travel to their countries. Many businesses in China will not even re-open until 10th February if then. The absence of tourist entering China might be a blow to Chinese tourism, but has nothing to do with Thailand and certainly is more of a problem for Thai tourism.

Obviously this is a troll post.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:08 PM, RyanWalker said:

Australia definitely cares, our tourist industry is approaching the government for handouts and compensations as usual.

I'm new here but I've already noticed a few members who appear to be Chinese "wu mao" trolls posting under a false name.

If you click on his name to review recent posts, they look like they were written by different people with varying levels of English language competence.  

The only thing in common is they support Chinese positions by use of implied threats like the title of this post.  Even blames the USA as cause of coronavirus.

Also, the OP posted today "I wont go anytime soon either if I was treated like <deleted>. " -yet he posted yesterday that "I am on my 9th tourist visa in a row mate..."

" Thousands of Chinese clients... "?  -Maybe he has a second job at a 7-11 in Beijing?  Getting paid .50RMB per post isn't very much.

Edited by Iron Tongue
  • Thanks 2

Memories are short.  Chinese winters are long with damp,  cold, rainy, dreary days.  I found that out when I went to China in December 2 years ago.  Enjoyed the trip but was happy to get back to warm, sunny Pattaya.  The Chinese will be back once the virus is sorted.  But, TAT needs to learn its lesson and start doing outreach to many more countries so Thailand has a diverse tourist demographic.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:36 PM, Orton Rd said:

Quite right just I passed the new owners of a house up the road, Chinese couple neither speak Thai, they own another house on the estate. Several others much the same including the most impressive house on our soi, again owned by non Thai speaking Chinese, how they do it I don't know. I know 2 lots are here on fraudulent grounds as they asked me to copy all their paperwork for immigration last year. They do tend to look after their homes far better than the locals though.

How they do it....with large amounts of something called cash, moola, dough, koin. Just bring a suitcase or two with large denomination notes. I have a Barnes Samui property brochure here, the guidance on how to buy property and land are in few languages including Russian and Chinese. You don't need to speak any Thai to buy from them, if you want to buy a 100m villa and speak only Swahili they'll fly someone from Africa to translate just to do a deal with you.

• Like 1

Not always a lot either. Last year one round the corner had not had her 400k in the bank long enough- just put 1k in the passport and nothing was said extension granted. She claims the kid has a Thai father but it's not true, they just got a Thai to say he was the father so the kid has Thai nationality even though both parents are Chinese nationals. Her husband has the same visa as me with employment prohibited stamped on it- goes to work everyday! crafty.

18 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Rubbish, they either have a Thai passport like many many foreigners on this very same website (and thus they can just buy it) too or they have to follow the same laws as everyone else.

The only ones who got a bit of an extra threatment are Americans, quite the opposite of chinese.

The usual exception to ownership laws are available to everyone, like BOI companies or 1 rai per citizen through investment, or straight up corruption. Nothing to do with their citizenship.

If you think Chinese get threated better here you must live in a different country, thailand is extremely Western and Korean fixated. 

Has a reason most celebrities are western mixed thais or kpopstars...

any data to back up your statement..... the ones that I know do NOT have a Thai passport nor they speak Thai and they do own the house and the land, could it be (have been) exceptions to the (Thai) rule ??? long time ago I learned that in Thailand one should not use the word NEVER, but maybe you live in a different Thailand

• Like 1