Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Motorcycle Tire Advice Needed.

Isaanbiker

My bike has a vary unusual rear tire size and it's impossible to find a 150/90-15 here. I couldn't even find one in Ubon Ratchathani, no matter what brand I was asking for. The cheapest would be from WEbike Bangkok for 8,800 baht plus shipping. 

Now I saw one on Lazada for around 100 bucks, which is pretty cheap. My bike's pretty heavy with 255 kg. 

Does anybody know this brand and would reckon to buy such a tire? Thanks a lot in advance.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/15090-15-vee-rubber-vrm-393-i568556862-s1043198049.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.22b36108FaTEsd

Not recommended in my opinion - could be fake and what do Thai manufacturers know about 'real bike' tyres anyway.

Buy a reputable brand for something so important - I always bought Michelin or Pirelli, 

http://www.29tire.com/index.php?lang=en

Michelin has a website in Thai - this is the dealers in Ubon - but maybe only cars?

https://www.michelin.co.th/motorbike/dealer-locator/Ubon Ratchathani, ประเทศไทย

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Does anybody know this brand and would reckon to buy such a tire? Thanks a lot in advance.

Tyres are tyres in my book even the Chinese tyres Ii have found to be good, just buy the cheapest one you can find in the size you need.

The only make in Thailand for my front tyre was an Avon from UK or change the rim.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why would you buy from webike ? they buy from Vee - mark it up - and sell to you.

Buy direct

If I'd buy from Webike/Bangkok, a Pirelli that size would be around 8,800 baht. But I've made some research and what I found out seems to be pretty good.

They seem to be not too bad and their quality not that bad.

No problems on an 1100 cc Virago, but I wouldn't put such tires on a track machine for obvious reasons. 

This particular tire's profile is a 100 % copy of a Dunlop D 404. Basically copy and paste what the kids at schools are doing.

WEbike would also charge a couple of hundred baht for shipping, this company sends it to me for free. I've just ordered one and will give it a try.

Around 9,000 baht from Webike for a Pirelli and 2,900 baht for a Vee tire with Dunlop profile from Lazada is my reason for doing so. 

Thanks for your answers. Ride safe, it's a jungle out there. 

VEE Rubber catalog US.pdf

Edited by Isaanbiker

14 hours ago, papa al said:

I have bought six m/c tires [2-3x] directly from Vee Rubber.

After bank transfer, quickly delivered to my front desk, 1, 2, 3 days,

I bought one set that were minted just three days prior.

5 5      

dis guy===>               [email protected]

????️

I you drive fast, you should get dyna-beads too.

Comfort, handling, equipment life, fuel-economy, performance, aesthetic. 

papa endorsed, cheap n good.  ++

????️

Thanks, daddy!!!@ I do ride fast from time to time and hope it will stay in one piece. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Tyres are tyres in my book even the Chinese tyres Ii have found to be good, just buy the cheapest one you can find in the size you need.

The only make in Thailand for my front tyre was an Avon from UK or change the rim.

Please have a look at the attached catalog, you can get all these tires, even for a monster bike from this company for almost nothing.

And honestly speaking, I don't have a problem that the profiles seem to be copied of good brands. Don't we live in the Land of Copies, anyway?

VEE Rubber catalog US.pdf

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Please have a look at the attached catalog, you can get all these tires, even for a monster bike from this company for almost nothing.

You can not buy all these tires in Thailand.

A few months ago i was interested in this tire: http://veerubber.co.th/2016/?p=3803&v=5b79c40fa7c2

At first i asked at a shop selling Veerubber, he told me that he can't order it. Then i contacted Veerubber directly, they told me that they don't sell 

this tire in Thailand, even though it's on their Thai website.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jackdd said:

A few months ago i was interested in this tire: http://veerubber.co.th/2016/?p=3803&v=5b79c40fa7c2

At first i asked at a shop selling Veerubber, he told me that he can't order it. Then i contacted Veerubber directly, they told me that they don't sell 

Somebody had posted an e-mail address here where you could get in touch with.

I've found the tire on Lazada. 

55 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

And honestly speaking, I don't have a problem that the profiles seem to be copied of good brands. Don't we live in the Land of Copies, anyway?

Yeah a good find for cheap tyres, would use Edge2 if I could get as a set.

They have rear for my bike but not front 130/70-16.

I would feel a bit uneasy with mixed tyres on a fast bike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papa al said:

They likely sell the

150/90-15 ยี้ห้อ VEE RUBBER รุ่น VRM 393

On Lazada here: ( No 137 baht shipping fee) 2,900 baht.

And it's got the same profile as a Dunlop D 404.

I do not think that Dunlop has copied from them. Lol

A new valve for tubeless tires from a car shop should fit into a motorcycle rim, does it? Does anybody have an idea? 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/15090-15-vee-rubber-vrm-393-i568556862-s1043198049.html?

Dunlop D 404.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Then you've got to try other websites, for example Lazada. Convenient when living in Thailand. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Then you've got to try other websites, for example Lazada. Convenient when living in Thailand. 

I don't see this tire on Lazada

Would also surprise me to be able to buy it there after Veerubber told me they don't sell it in Thailand.

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't see this tire on Lazada

Would also surprise me to be able to buy it there after Veerubber told me they don't sell it in Thailand.

Not knowing what size you're looking for, but have you tried WEbike in Bangkok? https://www.facebook.com/WebikeThailand.Official/

http://webike.co.th/en/home/

Best of luck!

Always makes me laugh reading these posts recommending this or that website for bike parts.

Get out of your computer chair and establish a relationship with the local garages.

This is Thailand - Thai garages know where to source most everything required, be it for a car, bike, washing machine, ...

Those that refuse to buy direct are throwing their money away, missing out on the opportunity to meet some great mechanics and custom builders.

And No - I do not speak Thai. But I speak Bike, as do the shops I frequent.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Always makes me laugh reading these posts recommending this or that website for bike parts.

Get out of your computer chair and establish a relationship with the local garages.

This is Thailand - Thai garages know where to source most everything required, be it for a car, bike, washing machine, ...

Those that refuse to buy direct are throwing their money away, missing out on the opportunity to meet some great mechanics and custom builders.

Well if you go Honda bigwing Phitsanulok for me and order a new ignition lock and key for my Cbr900rr I would be grateful. ???? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

A new valve for tubeless tires from a car shop should fit into a motorcycle rim, does it? Does anybody have an idea? 

If you are asking questions like this you need to let your boyfriend take care of this! 

Valve stems come in different sizes, you either buy the correct size or drill it out to fit. It isn't that complicated.

Honestly, get a man to fix this.

• Confused 1

On 2/4/2020 at 4:07 PM, Isaanbiker said:

My bike has a vary unusual rear tire size and it's impossible to find a 150/90-15

Two things matter the rim size 15" and how much room you have.

Change the tire size. Except the 15 and this opens up for more options.

15 hours ago, canthai55 said:

We have a couple of "big bike shops", but they only sell stuff up to 300 cc. Neither a NGK spark plug type BP 7 ES, nor a tire 140,or 150/90/15 can be found here.

The local Thai bikers order it from Bangkok, or Korat, often more expensive than using a particular website.

I've just overhauled my carbs, where else would you find such a kit, other than K& L, or e-bay?

There are certain parts that are not available at "your local dealer", otherwise I wouldn't have posted here.

Ride safe out there. 

4 hours ago, Slimdawg said:

Two things matter the rim size 15" and how much room you have.

Change the tire size. Except the 15 and this opens up for more options.

Not too many bikes have this size and I'd never use a 14', or 16ish rim.

There's a Pirelli, or Dunlop at Webike and I've now ordered one of these newer brands "Dee Rubber" with the right size through Lazada. 

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Live to Ride- Ride to Live
  • Like 1

The tire was delivered yesterday and I'm surprised about the good quality. Shipping was free and with 2,900 baht, I could buy three of them instead of one Pirelli, or a Dunlop.

It's confirmed now, this tire is a 100 % copy of the Dunlop. The tire was made last year in May and the material is great. 

Time to get my old Pirelli off. Ride safe out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1