Fiancée Visa Question

Hi everyone,

in the final stages of applying for a Fiancée visa, just wanted to ask if I need to include an Appendix 2 financial requirement form and include it in the application?

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere on the checklist but obviously want to make sure I include it if it’s needed.

Second question, My fiancée’s appointment is 17th February and we have put her intended travel date to the U.k as 17th April, I’ve only just noticed that this type of visa can take up to 90 days to get a decision, how will this affect the application as it’s obviously only 60 days till our intended travel date.

thanks.

Edited by NickLDN

The Fiancée visa allows the applicant to travel to the UK with the intention of getting married, which they must do within six months.

They can then apply for Further Leave to Remain, it's at this stage that the Financial Requirements must be met, along with the language and TB tests and the accomodation requirements.

As for the processing time, I would have thought you would have been OK but I have no experience, hopefully somebody can advise.

I've removed a couple of posts, let's now just concentrate on the actual question, thanks.

I filled in and submitted Appendix 2, but I think it is from an earlier process; the questions in Appendix 2 have little relevance to the application type you are making. It's indeed not mentioned anywhere in the application, although there is a heading for it in the document upload section. I have read elsewhere that people have ignored it and received their visa, I just did it for completeness sake and because it does not take long to complete. 

The processing time being equal to the time gap you can specify for a travel date is indeed ridiculous. One way round it is to pay for a priority service which gets you an answer within 30 working days (for us it was 17 days).

Haven’t actually booked an airfare yet, I think somewhere in all the advice it tells you specifically not to.

Our dates are flexible, it won’t be an issue if it takes the full 90 days, I’m just concerned that I’ve put a date only 60 days after the meeting at trendy office takes place.

do you think it’s something they would refuse the visa for, had bad experiences before and feel they look for any reason.

You’re correct in your belief that the UKVI advise against applicants purchasing non refundable flight tickets and hotel bookings before a visa has been issued, that’s probably one of the reasons they ask applicants not to send evidence of them with their application.

No they won’t refuse an application because the date indicated in the application has passed, they will probably still be grant a visa, but with a later date on the visa vignette.

That of course is a good reason  not to purchase flights and hotels before the visa is issued, but not a lot of help if the applicant hopes to travel on a certain date.

A friend of mines wife recently applied to travel to the UK, she was going with her husband and their child, they had booked their flights, she’d been a number of times before, and whilst her visa was granted it was dated the day she was due to return, her husband and child had to travel without his wife.

Whilst I’m not the greatest fan of the UKVI, and we’ve never had any issues, I don’t think it’s correct to assume that they’re looking for a reason to refuse.

That said, mistakes can and do happen, but there’s little, if any, accountability.

@fractturedRabbi" filled in and submitted Appendix 2, but I think it is from an earlier process; the questions in Appendix 2 have little relevance to the application type you are making. It's indeed not mentioned anywhere in the application, although there is a heading for it in the document upload section. I have read elsewhere that people have ignored it and received their visa, I just did it for completeness sake and because it does not take long to complete"

just wanted to ask...was the Appendix.. 2 form , done online or filled in manual on printed pdf?

21 minutes ago, OPaddict said:

@fractturedRabbi" filled in and submitted Appendix 2, but I think it is from an earlier process; the questions in Appendix 2 have little relevance to the application type you are making. It's indeed not mentioned anywhere in the application, although there is a heading for it in the document upload section. I have read elsewhere that people have ignored it and received their visa, I just did it for completeness sake and because it does not take long to complete"

just wanted to ask...was the Appendix.. 2 form , done online or filled in manual on printed pdf?

Downloaded, filled in manually, scanned, uploaded. And probably never looked at!