Thailand to hold World’s Largest Parade of Food Trucks

snoop1130

Thailand to hold World’s Largest Parade of Food Trucks

b3e38d61e3c017ff9cd2e3213d76e105_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Kingdom is set to host the “World’s Largest Parade of Food Trucks”, and is planning the largest assembly of food trucks in one place.

Tourism and Sports Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan announced today that his ministry, in collaboration with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and Food Truck Club (Thailand) will be hosting the “World’s Largest Parade of Food Trucks” on March 7-8, 2020 at IMPACT Lakeside, Muang Thong Thani.

The event will involve more than 200 food truck vendors, making it the biggest such gathering in the world, one which will break the previous record, held by the U.S. State of Florida since March 29, 2014, with 121 vehicles.

Pipat expressed the view that the event should help promote and upgrade the image of Thai street food vendors as well as complying with the country’s Gastronomy Tourism policy. The government has been urging a change in the traditional practice of ‘cooking on the side walk’ to the setting up of mobile food trucks to improve cooking conditions and achieve better order in the popular business.

Indeed, putting restaurants on wheels is growing in popularity in Thailand; according to Food Truck Club (Thailand) President and Founder Chanin Wattanapruksa, there are roughly 1,500 food trucks representing 700 brands in the kingdom. The number is set to expand further as the government supports a greater emphasis on the colorful vending practice.

Those interested in setting up their own food truck business or wishing to turn their restaurant into a mobile food service are also welcome to attend the fair on March 7-8, 2020 at IMPACT Lakeside, Muang Thong Thani, as there will be a dedicated booth where staff will be available to offer suggestions and guidance on how to create a food truck.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-02-06
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Kingdom is set to host the “World’s Largest Parade of Food Trucks”, and is planning the largest assembly of food trucks in one place.

Yeah it will surely help to increase the PM 2.5 problem

They quoted numbers of food trucks in Thailand but after all of my time in the country I never saw one but there were a large number of food stalls.  Do they count?  In fact, I have a better idea.  Why not have this display at one of the airports in BKK so that passengers leaving and or entering the country can  get a food package to eat while waiting for their plane or to eat in the taxi/bus as they go to their residence?

'nuf sed.

• Haha 1

You can Parade all you want.........

The World knows the truth.  ????

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Check the article out  if you have the stomach for it.......

Death by clubbing: the brutality of Thailand's pig slaughterhouses.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/11/death-by-clubbing-brutality-thailand-pig-slaughterhouses

4928.jpg?width=1225&quality=85&auto=form

4928.jpg?width=965&quality=45&auto=forma

8256.jpg?width=965&quality=45&auto=forma

4928.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Edited by doremifasol
Media added
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, doremifasol said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/11/death-by-clubbing-brutality-thailand-pig-slaughterhouses

4928.jpg?width=1225&quality=85&auto=form

4928.jpg?width=965&quality=45&auto=forma

8256.jpg?width=965&quality=45&auto=forma

4928.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

At least they plastic wrapped around their shorts. Keep the hygiene level up boys 

29 minutes ago, doremifasol said:

4928.jpg?width=1225&quality=85&auto=form4928.jpg?width=965&quality=45&auto=forma8256.jpg?width=965&quality=45&auto=forma4928.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Thank you for taking the effort to post this report.

I am a meat eater and enjoy pork, but the horrific, filthy, disgusting conditions both for the pigs and the workers in these images is something that should be brought to everybody's attention. I am not normally shocked when confronted with European N.American slaughterhouses that usually conform to strict regulations BUT how the hell do they even get a license for butchering and processing the meat is beyond me. I am sure the conditions at the CP group facilities must be better. Or are they? 

I will certainly view the meat section in the supermarkets from a different perspective now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Thank you for taking the effort to post this report.

I am a meat eater and enjoy pork, but the horrific, filthy, disgusting conditions both for the pigs and the workers in these images is something that should be brought to everybody's attention. I am not normally shocked when confronted with European N.American slaughterhouses that usually conform to strict regulations BUT how the hell do they even get a license for butchering and processing the meat is beyond me. I am sure the conditions at the CP group facilities must be better. Or are they? 

I will certainly view the meat section in the supermarkets from a different perspective now.

You are very welcome @ratcatcher, thank you for reading it. My purpose for posting this educational article was to inform the reader of the ugly food production reality in Thailand "The kitchen of the World", and to trigger disgust, horror,  outrage and repulsion. Please share this article if you can and help me educate more people about this shameful, unregulated  practice. 

"How the hell do they even get a license for butchering and processing the meat?"

I wish someone could answer your legitimate question right here, right now.

"I am sure the conditions at the CP group facilities must be better. Or are they? "

Please read this article posted last September.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-china-swinefever-c-p-pokphand/c-p-plans-bigger-cleaner-pig-farms-after-disease-devastates-chinese-herd-idUKKBN1W817Q

"I will certainly view the meat section in the supermarkets from a different perspective now." 

Great!!!! ????

Edited by doremifasol