Drought disasters in 20 provinces, 116 districts

webfact

Drought disasters in 20 provinces, 116 districts

By THE NATION

800_e94455ad2974c4c.jpg?v=1581001483

Drought disasters were declared in 116 districts across the country between October 17 and February 6, legally obliging the government’s assistance, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported on Thursday (February 6).

The disaster areas were in 20 provinces – Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phetchabun, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nakhon Phanom, Sakon Nakhon, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi and Chachoengsao.

The National Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Command Centre has instructed every province to use several means to prevent and respond to severe drought, including water survey and water-consumption management.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381716

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-07

On 2/7/2020 at 5:38 AM, PatOngo said:

Coming to a drought near you, soon!

170410_songkran2.jpg

Bah! Humbug! We'll all be ruin'd! We're all goin' to die!

Did you know that after every drought.....it rains?

• Haha 1

Air, water, virus. Can locusts be far behind?

Imagine local fortune tellers and soothsayers are doing a banging trade. As are certain amulet category sales.

Songkhran should be interesting. What could go wrong with 3 million people throwing water at each other? Should be fine I guess as long as they are all wearing masks.

• Haha 1

"The National Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Command Centre has instructed every province to use several means to prevent and respond to severe drought, including water survey and water-consumption management."

You do understand the concept of drought disaster, right?

There is no water to survey or manage. It's gone.

What's your second part of the plan?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Oh, oh, oh. I know.

Cloud seeding.

...and then it's hiding under their desks rubbing their gold amulets praying...only to resurface when the rains come and tell us what a wonderful job they did...

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 5:48 AM, englishoak said:

Perfect storm springs to mind....

Yep, this will be a bad year for Prayuth. It would not surprise me if the drought and coronavirus together were the end of him. He's comprehensively out of his depth.

Edited by ParkerN

9 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Yep, this will be a bad year for Prayuth. It would not surprise me if the drought and coronavirus together were the end of him. He's comprehensively out of his depth.

He's been out of his depth since day one! but continues to do what his backers tell him. How, within the "Democratic" constitution is it even remotely possible to get rid of him, if they were going by the will of the people he would be long gone, unless I am missing something?