Where to buy mouthmasks?

Thian

I don't want to get kicked out by mr. Anutin so where can i buy 20 mouthmasks in BKK please? I went to many shops but they are all sold out! I want good ones from 3M N95 or so with an outlet valve, where can i buy them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nikmar said:

dunno mate, all i got is this innefective little paper thing that some manic, nutjob Thai fella thrust upon me at Siam BTS today before ranting on about "Ai farang"!

Well nobody here in the subs wears a mouthmask, not in shops, not in restaurants in malls, not in the taxi...but i don't want to get kicked out and want 20-50 of them good ones, N95 from 3M...

They are sold out, thats why nobody wears them i bet....i hope mr Anutin reads this and orders many more to be sold in BKK.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nikmar said:

dunno mate, all i got is this innefective little paper thing that some manic, nutjob Thai fella thrust upon me at Siam BTS today before ranting on about "Ai farang"!

Are they handing out free surgical masks to everyone at all BTS stations these days?

The masks that are usually sold at 7/11, drug stores, etc., are not for N95.  For that level of protection something like a Cambridge - either 95 or preferably 100 level masks - is required.  Many people believe the so called surgical masks are satisfactory and will suffice.  They will not as they do not have the correct materials to remove particulates at the 95 and above levels, nor indeed for lower levels, as they tend to be made out of paper.  Surgeons wear masks mainly to prevent sweat, saliva, and mucus (nasal dri(o)ppings) from dropping into where they are performing surgery.  Don't skimp buy the best possible not 100 cheapies

'nuf sed

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

The masks that are usually sold at 7/11, drug stores, etc., are not for N95.  For that level of protection something like a Cambridge - either 95 or preferably 100 level masks - is required.  Many people believe the so called surgical masks are satisfactory and will suffice.  They will not as they do not have the correct materials to remove particulates at the 95 and above levels, nor indeed for lower levels, as they tend to be made out of paper.  Surgeons wear masks mainly to prevent sweat, saliva, and mucus (nasal dri(o)ppings) from dropping into where they are performing surgery.  Don't skimp buy the best possible not 100 cheapies

'nuf sed

Most people don't contract diseases from the air; they pick them up and bring them to their faces. A paper mask will help keep peoples' hands away from their mouth and nose.

That said, for most Thais, the paper masks will only help them keep their hands away from their chins!

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Thian said:

Well nobody here in the subs wears a mouthmask, not in shops, not in restaurants in malls, not in the taxi...but i don't want to get kicked out and want 20-50 of them good ones, N95 from 3M...

They are sold out, thats why nobody wears them i bet....i hope mr Anutin reads this and orders many more to be sold in BKK.

Order from lazada

5 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

'nuf sed

I need real N95 models....i was in Thaiwatsadu Nonthaburi 10 minutes ago to buy them....all were sold out!! Look! Thank you mr Anutin!

mouthmasks.jpg

If you read what the doctors are saying the surgical masks do absolutely nothing to stop corona and the N95 if they ARE the proper ones and you put them on properly you will be able to use them for 30 minutes at a time before you need to take them off as they are incredibly hard to breathe through....If you can breathe easily after 30 minutes using the N95 it is not a proper N95 or you have not fitted it to your face properly and air is coming through the sides of the mask making it ineffective anyways!!

• Like 1

3M N95 and Milwaukee N95 are hard to find in the US (at least in Orange County, CA). "Sold out" right after they put them on shelves. Not available on HomeDepot website either. Chinese are buyers. They send them to China. 
I was lucky and bought all Last 4 boxes (I looked in different HomeDepot locations for a week). 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 2:25 PM, Thian said:

Why do you listen to a clueless minister who doesn't have a clue about masks and who needs them? Didn't you read what WHO said about the masks? 

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why do you listen to a clueless minister who doesn't have a clue about masks and who needs them? Didn't you read what WHO said about the masks? 

We live in BKK....the air is very polluted around us...we almost can't see the skyscrapers through the smog....we need N95 masks anyway, virus or not!

21 hours ago, The Theory said:

3M N95 and Milwaukee N95 are hard to find in the US (at least in Orange County, CA). "Sold out" right after they put them on shelves. Not available on HomeDepot website either. Chinese are buyers. They send them to China. 
I was lucky and bought all Last 4 boxes (I looked in different HomeDepot locations for a week). 

Lots of Chinese in So Cal.