On Buddhist holidays, like today (no alcohol sales 00:00 feb 8 until 00:00 Feb 9), will bars/pubs open at midnight Feb 9th?

INANIMATECARBONROD

There is often no clear rule. It depends on the police station, on the area (i.e. Nana, Cowboy) and the individual bar owners.

No alcohol means often very few customers so there is not much point in opening.

But maybe the police is more motivated in another area to look away...

At least some big bars in Nana are closed tonight - info on their facebook pages.

Edited by OneMoreFarang

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is often no clear rule. It depends on the police station, on the area (i.e. Nana, Cowboy) and the individual bar owners.

No alcohol means often very few customers so there is not much point in opening.

But maybe the police is more motivated in another area to look away...

Okay...and in your experience, are any or all of Walking Street, Bua Khao, Jomtien, Soi 6/78 open after midnight on nights like this?

I thought that maybe they would, because legally they could sell alcohol after midnight tonight... Perhaps they'd want to salvage some money from this Friday/Saturday that they mostly lost. 

Thanks for the reply tho! 

16 minutes ago, INANIMATECARBONROD said:

Okay...and in your experience, are any or all of Walking Street, Bua Khao, Jomtien, Soi 6/78 open after midnight on nights like this?

I thought that maybe they would, because legally they could sell alcohol after midnight tonight... Perhaps they'd want to salvage some money from this Friday/Saturday that they mostly lost. 

Thanks for the reply tho! 

Just look if any of the places has a facebook page or send a LINE message to your favorite girls. That's the easiest way to get the information.

I am in Bangkok and I am not up to date about Pattaya bars.