U.S. expert say time to stock on food

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Fella you dont need to watch youtube videos to grasp how dangerous this current situation is. Not a pandemic yet but another 195 lives lost (probably today the 9th) and it will be.

Another doomsday prophet! How are you today, Sir? Scared of your own shadow?

This is nothing more than a little bit bigger risk than an ordinary flu. Just because only counting Chinese death toll, they can make up a scary propaganda.

The reality is that there are many more that have got this and they have recovered by only getting ordinary antibiotic or by themself in home by resting.

As they also say in the statistics, This virus has a fatality rate of around 2 %. Nothing against SARS that had over 9 %.

Conclusion: Just take a beer and re-la-la-la-la-laxa. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jastheace said:

i'm amazed you understood his post. I do not have a scooby doo what he's on about. bad batch of weed?

Nah, you are unfortunately right, because I didn´t get it either. Just my normal standard reaction on youtube and all the propaganda garbage people listen to from other that want to have the most likes of the month. How about you give me some of that good trip you´re on, so that we both can survive this posters next attack on human sanity? ????

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

5 brits in a ski resort right now, infected by another brit returning from singapore business trip and another brit on the cruise ship. but lets be frank i don't think the virus cares about skin color

No but most of thaivisa does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Racists are rarely infected by virus or bacteria. Something about professional courtesy in the pestilence world.

It's actually a Chinese research group that published the paper hypothesising male Asians are 5x more likely to catch this virus due to the number of ACE2 receptors in the lungs. 

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.26.919985v1.full

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, sungod said:

Not sure, but I was told by another u tube expert (you can find it on the 'believe anything channel, just donate here' ) that the average American can survive up to 78 days without food due to the excess fat they are carrying.

I'm sure that would be true. There are people that have intentionally fasted for months, even more than a year and survived just fine. Some other western countries (e.g. Australia, New Zealand, UK) are not far behind in that statistic so I'm not having a dig at Americans.

But no one can survive more than a few days without drinking water and to a lesser extent salt. So perhaps that is what should be stocked up.

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

Excellent point, oh wait, SARS total deaths during the outbreak 774, new coronavirus deaths 813 and rising :coffee1:

Yes, it´s gonna be a world wide problem, but percentage of infected that actually dies is going to be low. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

And, they say there is no reason anyone would need an assault weapon! 

Surely you’re scenario calls for a defense weapon, not an assault weapon.... an assault weapon is what the “have nots” will need to reaquire the food that the pack rat hoarding “haves”, have squirreled away

16 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Surely you’re scenario calls for a defense weapon, not an assault weapon.... an assault weapon is what the “have nots” will need to reaquire the food that the pack rat hoarding “haves”, have squirreled away

A weapon is a weapon. Those "scary" guns everyone wants to ban can be used for either side of the fence.

Personally, I'm partial to a Benelli Super 90. But, that would knock the little misses on her but. 

Edited by Curt1591

1 minute ago, Curt1591 said:

A weapon is a weapon. Those "scary" guns everyone wants to ban can be used for either side of the fence.

i'm going to look at building one of those bunkers underground and stock it with canned baked beans just like the yanks do. 

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i'm going to look at building one of those bunkers underground and stock it with canned baked beans just like the yanks do. 

Believe, earlier, I explained that, contrary to the stereotypes, very few Americans are prepared at all.

6 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Yes indeed... we’ve all seen those scary guns come out in famine zones over the last couple of decades... very useful for the “haves” to maintain control of the “have nots” in the event that social systems, like police departments, start to fail the population, allowing the “haves” to purloin all

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

Fella you dont need to watch youtube videos to grasp how dangerous this current situation is. Not a pandemic yet but another 195 lives lost (probably today the 9th) and it will be.

Which is far less than flu or road toll. Just another scare campaign. People with weak immune systems drop like flies everyday, just doesn't get reported. Not everyone was born yesterday. A million idiots stocked up on food in Dec 1999.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, UbonThani said:

People with weak immune systems drop like flies everyday

YOU can work for the thai propoganda machine.

truth is that this virus makes people fall like zombies indeed, right

in the middle of the street. you can find videos showing young strong man

drop like potato sacks just like that in middle of the street or train.

most of those videos were taken before the virus was named, so they are still

on the net somehow, all the new ones were taken or never published.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

recovered by only getting ordinary antibiotic

no, virus, any kind of virus, has nothing to do with antibiotics.

antibiotics might help to cure some illnesses that the virus caused, but

not the virus itself. 

only vaccination can stop a virus.

do not die of ignorance.

this virus is NOVEL - means brand new, scenitists can't predict it,

or the way it will mutate.

and as for now, there is no vaccination..

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD

48 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

not the virus itself. 

do not die of ignorance.

But they are trying to find a treatment, right? Then I will trust in that antibiotics will do it for me. It all depends on how receptive you are, in what level you get affected as well as your age and health.

And yes, I know the difference between a virus and a bacterial infection.

That makes it clear I will not die of ignorance. You on the other hand, will probably scare yourself to death before you even get the virus. ????????????????

So, now take a deep breath Mr Scott, and calm down so you not burst a blood vein.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You on the other hand, will probably scare yourself to death before you even get the virus. ????????????????

HA HA HA sooo funny...top experts tell you that this is a NOVEL virus, means they

don't know how it will behave and mutate, they only know it moves very fast, to

the level that even china chose to sacrifice a whole province - hubei - to save the

rest of the country, but you know better, no, you will not get scared easily, because

you are a pattaya wise man, and you have all the antibiotics ready.

well done, proffesor, you cracked it ! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It all depends on how receptive you are, in what level you get affected as well as your age and health.

yes, genius, but you will know how "receptive" you are only when you will get infected ,

and that is too late.

and about the age and the other thai-chinese propoganda that says only old man die from this,

and they fall ill anyway - well, than came the death of that 34 yr. old doctor...so what did the

chinese propaganda machine said? that he died because he used "western" medicine, and not chinese medicine...so you better throw away all your antibiotics and run to china town to buy some pangolin pils.????

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

yes, genius, but you will know how "receptive" you are only when you will get infected ,

and that is too late.

and about the age and the other thai-chinese propoganda that says only old man die from this,

and they fall ill anyway - well, than came the death of that 34 yr. old doctor...so what did the

chinese propaganda machine said? that he died because he used "western" medicine, and not chinese medicine...so you better throw away all your antibiotics and run to china town to buy some pangolin pils.????

They killed him for speaking out.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

not the virus itself. 

do not die of ignorance.

Sars was a corona virus. This is just a new strain. The flu changes every year.

Enough with the scare mongering. It's not y2k.

Swine flu killed 575k. Yearly flus kill a similar amount.

This Corona beer thing wont get past 50k.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

and that is too late.

Yes, one 34 year old has died, and you jump out of your shoes. Should we be scared of your propaganda that, is more like the words of a doomsday prophet. You will survive purely on taking a couple of chill pills. That will be extremely effective in your case. ????????

Pangolin pills??? I don´t even know what that is??? Don´t tell me your into Chinese medicine too. Then you´re doomed. Just see how many died of the virus there.

8 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

HA HA HA sooo funny...top experts tell you that this is a NOVEL virus, means they

don't know how it will behave and mutate, they only know it moves very fast, to

the level that even china chose to sacrifice a whole province - hubei - to save the

rest of the country, but you know better, no, you will not get scared easily, because

you are a pattaya wise man, and you have all the antibiotics ready.

well done, proffesor, you cracked it ! 

The only thing that is funny is your mindset, by thinking you know things. The only thing you do is believe, Mr Scott. Try to get that. Just take this as an example. You sound pretty sure that the virus will kill millions by the hysterical posting from you. You also seem to believe I am a professor that is posting from Pattaya. There you are wrong. I live in Upper middle Isaan with my wife and two daughters and I am definitely not a professor. I am an engineer.

See you were wrong in your beliefs in that instance. What is the percentage that you will be wrong about the virus? I would say, much greater than the death rate. Actually I would guess about 100 % percent. So, why don´t you take your NOVEL attitude and try to cure the VIRUS you already have. You know, the urge to spout scaremongering thoughts to the rest of the public. Me, on the other hand will not sacrifice any province. I will sacrifice a couple of 1 000 baht for a descent bottle of whiskey, and enjoy life. Cheers, Mr Scott.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 7:02 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I MEANT BETTER ON CHINESE OR THAI EXPERT, WHO TELLS YOU

THAT FARANG WHO DON'T WEAR MASKS MUST BE KICKED OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

1) it isn't polite to shout

2) shouting doesn't make your message more important.

3) it was a Thai guy who told us

4) it doesn't take much to be better 

5) stocking up food is a stupid advice, not needed at all

6) you are in panic mode

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 2:05 PM, Curt1591 said:

Many of the "have nots" will be paying visits to the "haves". 

You must not be from the USA?

Any "have-nots" found on my lawn at night will be found on my lawn in the morning ????

Edited by meechai