Border run maesai

Hi there, 

I entered Thailand on a visa exemption on the 25/12 last year. 

I know that we are allowed 2 exemptions overland per year.

As i already made a border run at Maesai almost a month ago, i wonder if there is a chance to get refused for a second border run even though i am legally ok with it. 

I can show 200$ cash and 3500N cash as proof of funds. 

It will be my third  month of stay in a row in Thailand. Wilm it be a problem for the border officers? 

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Julistan said:

I know that we are allowed 2 exemptions overland per year.

It's a limit not a right.

13 minutes ago, Julistan said:

As i already made a border run at Maesai almost a month ago, i wonder if there is a chance to get refused for a second border run even though i am legally ok with it.

You have no legal right to enter. That decision is entirely down to the IO. As it's only the second VE entry since Jan 1st they can, almost certainly will, let you out/in.

15 minutes ago, Julistan said:

It will be my third  month of stay in a row in Thailand. Wilm it be a problem for the border officers?

You could be denied exit/entry based on your cumulative history, but it's unlikely.

The sign in maesai says 10000 for individuals, 20k for families.  I would do it in the evening.., the visa runners typically come early...they will want to know where you are staying, too..put it on the arrival card.  

On 2/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, Julistan said:

I forgot to ask. 

Is it 10000B or more i should be able to prove as funds in case i am asked? 

You do know that you can extend your stay another 30 days at the local immigration office? And after that do a border run? 

I recently made my third back to back visa exempt entry at Mae Sai, no questions asked.

On my second entry they asked me what i'm doing in Thailand, told them just holiday and not working. No further questions asked.

I carry 10k THB with me in case they should ask, but hasn't happened so far.

Ir would be better to get a 30-day extension of your permission to stay at the immigration office (1,900 baht) rather than burning your last visa exemption by land for 2020. Going forward keep that visa exempt entry by land for emergencies, and plan on travelling to a consulate for a visa.

8 hours ago, Julistan said:

My friend who has already used all his overland entries asks between Penang and KL, which one of these consulates is the easiest to get a 60 days thai visa? 

I recommend Kuala Lumpur. That is a big change from several years ago when Penang was preferred. If unsuccessful in getting a visa in Kuala Lumpur, your friend could consider flying to U-Tapao where denied visa exempt entry is less likely than at Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang.