MacBook Pro keyboard repair (Chiang Mai)

NorthernRyland

The keyboard/trackpad on my Macbook Pro went out today. It's probably a little ribbon cable I need to replace (possibly damaged by an old swollen battery so I could need a new battery also) but can these be found anywhere in Thailand? I'm in Chiang Mai but I would order one and try this as a fix before I send in the computer to a shop. I gave up on the actual Apple repair centers that won't do little repairs like this anyways.

Check around Mac cafe santitham, they sell a lot of stuff and most likely have parts or fix options too. 
Bought myself some very cheap 2nd hand mac mini to add to our home.

Owner is fluent in English, you can have coffee and cake there too so it is kind of low pressure to check stuff out with them.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

• 2 weeks later...

May I recommend Magic on third floor of Pantip Plaza. They are located at the rear on a corner, if you come up the elevator at what I call the rear then they are directly in front of you, as the corner shop.

They open at 10.30 and the owner/senior guy is usually a little later.

I have found them very good with a pleasant attitude, not the best English but they know computers both Macs and PC.

Not expensive.

john

Search Mac Home Service, Bangkok.

He's in Sutthisan, BKK - He offers amazing service, he I not afraid to give a rough quote over the phone. Not expensive either. You can add him on LINE.

You can send it to him via Kerry, I was sceptical with this, but get a box big enough and tell them whats inside, use plenty of bubble wrap and you will be fine.

Make sure you backup your HDD if you value the contents.

He is proper old school technician, he's been doing this for years, from the days when apple had a service centre in Bangkok. 

• 2 weeks later...