Comedian Called Racist After Saying Everyone at the Oscars Watching to See If ‘Parasite’ Cast Coughs

ASEAN NOW Content Team

Comedian Matt Rife has been accused of racism after posting a tweet that supposedly poked fun at cast members of Bong Joon-ho’s history-changing “Parasite” at the Academy Awards on Sunday night.

The 23-year-old actor, who recently appeared in “Fresh Off the Boat,” “joked” that everyone at the Oscars were “waiting to see if the cast of ‘Parasite’ coughs” — an apparent reference to the notion linking people of Chinese, Japanese and Korean origin to the spread of the deadly 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

The tweet, which included the popular GIF of a sweating Jordan Peele, was quickly taken down but it was up long enough to stir some controversy from infuriated users.

In a follow-up tweet, which was also subsequently deleted, Rife clarified that it was just a “joke” and slammed those who reacted negatively as “a bunch of cry babies.”

Rife, who started doing standup comedy at 15, has toured around the world with big names such as Dane Cook, Ralphie May, Finesse Mitchell, Mike Epps and Deray Davis.

Full article
https://nextshark.com/matt-rife-racist-oscars-parasite/

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Once again, political correctness gone mad. Bring back Alf Garnett, Bernard Manning, Billy Connolly..........Then watch the namby pamby brigade get their knickers in a twist.......

I only ever found Billy Connolly from your list funny, but if you like thoughtful, far from politically correct and very dark comedy, I would suggest Anthony Jeselnik's first netflix special "thoughts and prayers". 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2020 at 7:55 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Once again, political correctness gone mad. Bring back Alf Garnett, Bernard Manning, Billy Connolly..........Then watch the namby pamby brigade get their knickers in a twist.......

You clearly forgot Jeremy Clarkson

• Haha 1

Group Think is a dangerous beast that is nurtured by the "elite". Inevitably, after savaging it's foes - that can't be defeated - it turns on its creators. IMHO, in 10 years, the Woke era will be viewed as an amusing blip on the historical timeline. AKA "The Cry Baby Era."

• 3 months later...

At least, he tried. It's funny because he's wrong. The casts of the film are Koreans.

The thing that annoys me is that everyone in the world makes fun of Americans, with all the 'Murica jokes and <deleted> but I don't get offended and call it racist.

• 2 months later...