Cambodia to allow Westerdam cruise ship shunned over virus fears to dock

webfact

31 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

No sympathy from me for Cruise ship patrons.

Didn't I just read one of the people stuck on a ship was a BUSKER from London?  Did they pay in coins? ????

People who take cruise ships tend  not to be very bright (it's a hotel room that you can drown in, people).

And they obviously hate to travel. 

The majority of the time you see nothing but water.

You're told what to do and when you can eat, just like the military.

And just like prison, the food is highly suspect and communicable diseases often run rampant. ✓

What an amusin' an overpaid fella you are to be sure.

• Like 2

OF COURSE I would let them dock.  Then it's business, right?  Good 'ol fashion business that made companies great.  Charge 1 zillion for everything, and another 1 zillion for everything and another 1 zillion for more....  they would be risking the lives of our doctors, so another 1 zillion.  I would try my best to save them all, but people are paying 50,000 baht for a PHONE....so it's time to get paid Cambodia!!!  10 zillion dock fees

if you want to do it for free.....as Thais say... UP TO YOU.

7 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

OF COURSE I would let them dock.  Then it's business, right?  Good 'ol fashion business that made companies great.  Charge 1 zillion for everything, and another 1 zillion for everything and another 1 zillion for more....  they would be risking the lives of our doctors, so another 1 zillion.  I would try my best to save them all, but people are paying 50,000 baht for a PHONE....so it's time to get paid Cambodia!!!  10 zillion dock fees

if you want to do it for free.....as Thais say... UP TO YOU.

Another amusin' Thai fella in a welter of discombobulation.

Remind me again-what's the average IQ in Thailand?

82?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

Anutin really screwed this up.  Denying a berth just shows how two faced and a hypocrite he is.  There was nothing to warrant refusal of a berth.  Adequate testing is in place.  The continual allowing chinese from China entry unrestricted shows his two faces. He is a very small man, with no principles.  Just does what China tells him to do.  Utter scum.

So every other country that refused the ship entry. Is being the same so really instead of the obvious aimed a Thai post you sent you should really do your homework and write a statement about there ministers as well ?

Just for the Record I believe the ship as the WHO stated should have been allowed to dock in Japan where it was supposed to dock.

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Refreshing to see common sense prevail over ignorance!

And yet someone reasonably knowledgeable with the situation and someone who has worked in the area they are disembarking -- is very surprised that it would disembark in that location... It should be disembarked in a first world nation with the medical facilities to ensure controlled disembarkment...  he considered it a strange decision... 

(maybe someone got remuneration to cover the 'risk').

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

These are even two ships that will dock in Phuket;
one from Hong Kong where everyone knows there are no Chinese :crazy:: 919 people
and the other from Singapore where there is no Chinese either :annoyed:: 3,149 people on board

The so-called "super spreader" in Brighton, England was not Chinese? And he was never in China.

There is no way, other than extensive testing, of knowing whether people on board this ship have COVID-19.

The decision to let them dock wasn't done for humanitarian purposes, it was done because someone senior got a substantial amount of tea money.

Edited by AlexRich

On 2/13/2020 at 2:39 AM, phantomfiddler said:

Nice to see a bit of humanity, obviously lacking in the Land of Smiles (ex) !

humanity in Cambodia????

i think somebody has a full pocket of money, like in every transaction in Cambodia

good they can stop there, but doont belive its only humanity 555