electric converter from thai to euro

parafareno

I bought a Thai electric cable for my laptop charger, cause i lost mine.....but now I cant use it on my surge protector that has many electric inputs....

where to buy Thai to Eur electric converter plug?

I went to pantip mall...and he gave the a square one with 2 prongs...but the housing of the plug is too big and it does not fit in the electric surge protector I brought from Europe

I hope you understand, I tried to explain my best

Edited by parafareno

24 minutes ago, parafareno said:

I hope you understand, I tried to explain my best

Not quite sure but it sounds like you search for an adapter from flat-pin(?) Thai plug to some European round pin socket? (output?).

Best would be to take pictures of both before asking in shop (and/or upload here).

"housing too big"? Sounds like you like have Schuko sockets? (sunk)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Suspect best bet is to take that surge protector with you and buy plug to fit as rather hard to know what you have.  It is often better and a simple process to just get a plug that fits and replace what you currently have - any electric shop can do in five minutes.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would this fit?

It's a 10 to 15 Baht thing.

Can't find mine currently (in use maybe).

Where to buy in Bangkok?

Not my area :biggrin:

Shops like Amorn Electronic?

image.png.57373be7cf16c1c70e2408e4616427f2.png

Have the same. I think Home Pro. Fits into the Euro plug. 

Plug 1.jpg

Plug 2.jpg

Edited by Beggar

Take your new electric cable to a mom and pop TV repair shop and they will cut off the incorrect plug and refit the one you need. 

Or go to mom and pop hardware store and they will sell you the plug you need and then you can cut the old one off and refit the new one.

46 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not quite sure but it sounds like you search for an adapter from flat-pin(?) Thai plug to some European round pin socket? (output?).

Best would be to take pictures of both before asking in shop (and/or upload here).

"housing too big"? Sounds like you like have Schuko sockets? (sunk)

i never saw a stranger plug in my life...it is square at the bottom and it should be round so it fits into eu plugs......it seems that the designer thought the eu plug is flat...but is in fact round and deepened..... I will go to homepro

11 minutes ago, parafareno said:

i never saw a stranger plug in my life...it is square at the bottom and it should be round so it fits into eu plugs......it seems that the designer thought the eu plug is flat...but is in fact round and deepened..... I will go to homepro

It is not designed for the recessed outlet but the much more common surface round pin outlets found here and accepted by almost all Thai outlets (flat or round) - so no issue with case size normally.  Adapters for that outlet are much less common so change of plug is the method I would use (not a fan of adapters as one more thing to short/burn).  

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would this fit?

Where to buy in Bangkok?

That one will work but is very dangerous..i had those as well..the plastic can break easy but also the thai connector (when fitted) will leave some bare metal which can be easy touched by any person....it is under 220 volt...

I would buy a good connector, cut the old one of the wire and replace it for that good one.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would this fit?

Where to buy in Bangkok?

Like this one , on the back plug in the Thai pins, even earthing  is possible , up to 2000watts ….. that black one could melt....on 2000 watt    lol

Tesco lotus the lamp bulb etc , there they hang in the store

travel mate  Tesco Lotus .jpg

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Mobile charger with 2000 Watt, progress never stops :biggrin:

Just giving the power limits of it  never know for what else he would try to use ,....as I use it as well for my induction cooker and Electrolux combi microwave , or French fries fryer , and those have power 

Edited by david555

8 hours ago, david555 said:

Just giving the power limits of it  never know for what else he would try to use ,....as I use it as well for my induction cooker and Electrolux combi microwave , or French fries fryer , and those have power 

Just looked at an other one that I have. Made in Japan 220 V 6 Ampere. But for sure your adapter looks more convincing if you need it for high power. 

19 hours ago, david555 said:

Just was thinking about your words again because I used my energy meter with such devices too. And for them such cheap adapters might not be good enough. And so I was thinking how I checked such devices. But not one of the devices that use high power that I bought here in Thailand uses plugs with flat pins. They all have round pins and in addition fit into my European energy meter without adapter. And this energy meter has an EU socket. Never thought about this and simply plugged them in... Do you have devices with high power consumption and flat pins? 

8 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Just was thinking about your words again because I used my energy meter with such devices too. And for them such cheap adapters might not be good enough. And so I was thinking how I checked such devices. But not one of the devices that use high power that I bought here in Thailand uses plugs with flat pins. They all have round pins and in addition fit into my European energy meter without adapter. And this energy meter has an EU socket. Never thought about this and simply plugged them in... Do you have devices with high power consumption and flat pins? 

Most of appliances for kitchen have those E.U. pins , as Thailand's wall connections are  double possible ones , only local smaller electronics have those flat pins .

I use this adapter because is convenient ,as it has multiple possibility's , also in connections with the earth  a pin or a hole , as example when I moved to Thailand I brought some good quality extension cables , big and small , long and short , on the backside from this adapter are many possibility's 

adapter .jpg

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

Most of appliances for kitchen have those E.U. pins , as Thailand's wall connections are  double possible ones , only local smaller electronics have those flat pins .

This is for sure a quality extension what you have. I didn't use my energy meter for a long time. And now when I looked at my cheap adapter I was thinking how I measured the power consumption of my high power consumption devices since this meter has an EU socket. Put as you say they fit into the EU socket - at least if the don't have 3 pins. But then I simply remove the 3rd pin. I don't have sockets with earth connection. 

2 minutes ago, Beggar said:

This is for sure a quality extension what you have. I didn't use my energy meter for a long time. And now when I looked at my cheap adapter I was thinking how I measured the power consumption of my high power consumption devices since this meter has an EU socket. Put as you say they fit into the EU socket - at least if the don't have 3 pins. But then I simply remove the 3rd pin. I don't have sockets with earth connection. 

The removing from that 3th pin you can avoid I guess if you work with extension cable (or not if not needed) as this adapter solve that because having those holes , could but they have maybe the other version adapter pins too , as i only searched in Tesco the plug in type I needed