Renewing Longstay Visa OA in Amnat Charoen City

Has anyone already renewed a OA Visa at Amnat Charoen city? I am familiar with all the requiered documentation, inclusive the correct Health Insurance etc., what I wish to specifically know, is it impossible to get the formentioned Visa RENEWED at Amnat Chaoren City Immigration office?

Also is there, at Amnat Chaoren City,  like in Chiang Mai, where I use presently a Visa agency to help with documentation processes? 

With many thanks in advance.

You cannot renew a OA visa at any immigration office. You can only apply for a new one at a embassy or official consulate in your home country.

You could extend the last one year entry from your OA visa for one year based upon retirement a the immigration office in Amnat Charoen. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/mhc8WQbuP364okES6

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date you apply for the extension or proof of 65k baht.

As far as I know there are no visa agents available there.

Thank you very much, Ubonjoe.

So do I understand correct, l can get an extention for a year on my existing OA Visa done here at Amnat Chaoren City. 

The visa l have now, in my passport issued by the Thai Embassy in Australia, is a multiple entry Longstay OA Visa, from the 11 April 2019 till 10 April 2020. 

My latest return entry to Thailand from overseas, was 3 December 2019 and l got from the airport immigration an extention stamp to Stay till the 1st December 2020.

I do believe up to 45 days before the 1st December 2020 l could apply at Amnat Chaoren City for an extention of Stay for 12 more months?

Yes, l have always well over 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank already over 6 months ago deposited and I  do not touch that account, all in readiness for the Visa OA extention.

4 minutes ago, Jurg said:

I do believe up to 45 days before the 1st December 2020 l could apply at Amnat Chaoren City for an extention of Stay for 12 more months?

That is when you can apply for an extension.

Or you could do a border hop for a new one year entry on or before April 10th and get a new one year entry.

After April 10th you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep your permit to stay valid when you enter the country if you want to travel.

I think Amnat only allows 30 days before the date your permit to stay ends to apply for an extension.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 5:46 PM, Jurg said:

The visa l have now, in my passport issued by the Thai Embassy in Australia, is a multiple entry Longstay OA Visa, from the 11 April 2019 till 10 April 2020. 

Then I suggest you take a border run or trip out of Thailand and return before 10th April and obtain a new one-year Permit to Stay. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Then I suggest you take a border run or trip out of Thailand and return before 10th April and obtain a new one-year Permit to Stay. 

That's correct advice.

When exiting and re-entering Thailand just before 10th April (your OA Visa validity expiry date), you will be stamped in again for a full year permission to stay.  E.g. re-entering on 8 April 2020, will provide you with a permission to stay till 7 april 2021.  And it is only then that you will have to exit Thailand or apply for a 1-year extension to stay at your local IO.

Also be aware that when your OA Visa validity has expired (10 April), that you will need a Re-Entry Permit to keep the permission to stay 'alive' when exiting/re-entering Thailand (exiting without a Re-Entry Permit will result in your permission to stay to be voided).  Such a Re-Entry Permit can be bought at any in-country IO (1.000 THB for a Single Entry / 3.800 THB for a Multiple Entry) or at the departure halls of the major thai international airports.

Edited by Peter Denis