Thai ID for paying Bills

gkroo

Just came back from my local small Lotus store and payed my TOT bill with no Thai ID being asked for ? although I had my wifes ID already in my pocket, the cashier girl scanned the bill and then needed to hit the override button several times to insert the amount to accept payment and never mentioned a word ?

• Like 1

I use my US credit card and pay MEA through their App.  5 THB service charge, but I get one percent back for using the CC, and exchange rates better than TT.  Also paid TRUE with the same cc, and True App...no service fee on that.

• Thanks 2

Just paid my home loan at SCB bank.

There's a notice at the bank tellers desk, Thai ID or passport required.

They didn't ask for my Thai ID or passport, I guess they were just happy to get the repayment.

Dunno about 7-11 and Tesco, since I've got the BKB phone app, I save 30bht and use it to pay all other bills FoC.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Just paid my electric bill at the local PEA office. 

No hassle. NO DL or Pink Card ???? or Yellow Book asked for. 

For some people the "local" office perhaps is not so local (as in near). 7/11 works fine without any ID though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Try a withdrawal :smile:

I've got an ATM card, and a phone app that does 'cardless withdrawals'

Deposits are done from the UK via another phone app.

SCB mortgage repayments is the only banking I've not worked out how to do by an app.

I'll have to go in and ask them 'how to' one day, there must be a way.

I have internet banking and can arrange to pay that way if I so desire, the PWA & PEA, are on the other side of town, it's so much easier to go to 7/11, Tesco express, Mini Big C etc, should I decide to move from my rented house the last thing I need is to have to go to the bank to cancel standing orders and other Papp, why in the world do they need to have ID to pay a chuffing bill, China comes to Thailand in more ways than one.

I have internet banking, but haven't so far used it to make payments. I want to now, but need to update my phone number to receive the time-limited security code number. You would think that, after logging in securely to my account, I could do that on-line. Nope! I have to get a pdf form and physically take it into my bank. I think they misunderstand the concept of on-line banking.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

On 2/19/2020 at 12:52 PM, moontang said:

I use my US credit card and pay MEA through their App.  5 THB service charge, but I get one percent back for using the CC, and exchange rates better than TT.  Also paid TRUE with the same cc, and True App...no service fee on that.

Don't you have a Thai bank account? Why use a US credit card when paying MEA and True?