Hints And Tips For New Vigo Owner

Hi Guys

As I have mentioned before in previous postings, I am a newbie when it comes to cars and this is my first new car purchase so I am hoping that someone would be kind enough to give me a few pointers regarding new car ownership and any hints and tips that might be useful to ensure good maintence.

I dont think I will be getting an english manual with my Toyota 2.5 IC and not sure where I might get one from either. The whole deal has been done through my wife and her family on finance.......I am just the lucky bugger to be driving it home from Bangkok and then keeping up the payments so any hints and tips would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

JAF

PS Guess it might be too much to ask for no sardonic comments, helpful advice is most needed and appreciated

you can get an english manual for the vigo , it has a standard toyota stock number and will have to be ordered from the dealership.

some bangkok dealers keep them in stock , if not order from the parts dept. of the dealership where the car was bought from or when you pick up the car , ask your salesperson to supply or order one.

when you pick the car up ask them to check the tyre pressures , they should be 30psi for the 4wd 4 door model , the factory send them out with about 40psi in and that makes for a very uncomfortable and jittery ride.

Cheers guys

Its those simple things that you know that help someone like me.

I shall order the manual from the dealer in my town, nice to know that I an learn a little something reading it in English than relying on my wifes translation which can be tedious when you want to know something here and now

As for giving the engine a run through its paces, oh most certainly will be doing that as I have a long drive planned from BKK to the south and will accelerate past every bugger with a bucket of water over the Songkran period

The alarm.......mmm, sure it has an immobiliser fitted as standard on the Toyota Vigo 2.5 IC but if it hasnt then yes, thats a definate purchase

Thanks once again and keep those tips rolling in please

JAF