No more auto channel for PR holders

I couldn't find any topic, so please redirect me if this has been covered.

I am registered for auto-channel and used it very often, mainly because my passport gets filled up quickly with all these stamps. It was no problem in January. 

Last week was the first time in February that I left the country, and I was told by a nice staffer that they have a new system and it does not work with foreign passports yet. So I went to the manual counter, got a stamp, and then went to the counter where I had applied for the auto-channel registration earlier. They confirmed and were very apologetic that it is not possible yet for foreigners to re-register, and they have no idea when this will be possible again.

Does anybody have any more information about this?

• Like 1

No specific information to help but auto-channel was not working for Thai PP Holders also when I arrived with my wife 1st week of January and a week later when I arrived alone having departed using TG fast track. In between on departure even though entitled to use TG fast track I walked to the east departure to use Auto channel, which I have done several times before and guess what................it was not working for Thai PP holders and PR Holders so we all had to join the New Year return from holidays queue with no priority.

Last 2 arrivals auto-channel was working for Thais, but not for PR holders including me who have registered. Will try again when I return next week.

I hope that auto-channel will be installed in TG fast track as I am typically doing 30 international departures a year and mainly on TG.

• Like 1

My last two departures (one in January, one in February), the auto-channel has worked outbound but not inbound.  Had to go through an IO desk both times.  At the February entry, one of the "helpers" at the auto-channels said that the system was not working for PR holders "temporarily".

I left BKK on Sunday (23 Feb) and it wasn't working (PR holder with UK passport). The lady said something about a software update - so I had to go through a manual gate (but it was so quiet, only 1 person in front of me)

It did work previously for me on 9 Jan.

Edited by Haddo
add more info

On 3/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, Haddo said:

I just came back into Suvarnabhumi (1 March) and the e-gates still aren't working for non-Thai passport holders

Same yesterday morning. Lady at autochannel said working soon, to which I replied phrungni and the ansewer was yes. Let's see.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just heard in another thread that it's still not working for PR holders. I haven't been at the airport for months, has anybody else checked with the immigration office there in the meantime for any update?

4 hours ago, onthemoon said:

I just heard in another thread that it's still not working for PR holders. I haven't been at the airport for months, has anybody else checked with the immigration office there in the meantime for any update?

I won't be back before August at the earliest. I will definitely ask them then. 

• Like 1