India set to dazzle Trump with pomp and circumstance as trade rows fester

webfact

4 hours ago, rhyddid said:

I would use such funds to help the very poor in India, instead to make a luxury parties for such a kind of man !

Maybe India should use its money to feed its poor , rather than spending its money on missions to the moon ?

"I would use such funds to help the very poor in India, instead to make a luxury parties for such a kind of man !"

Does it occur to you that India hosting Trump is going to pay off when they enter a trade deal?  That's going to be worth probably hundreds of billions?  You gotta stop thinking about the price of hats, paper cups and tea. 

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

"In the stadium, many people were wearing customised white hats saying 

, while workers handed out thousands of cardboard masks of the US president."

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south-asia/article/3052068/donald-trump-arrives-india-expecting-biggest-event-theyve-ever

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "namaste trump mask"

Lots of white hats packed stadium. 

6 hours ago, rhyddid said:

I would use such funds to help the very poor in India, instead to make a luxury parties for such a kind of man !

Toilet blocks and washing facilities in  the villages for a start.

Stop the young girls getting raped and murdered when they are having to go outside and using the fields for their toilet needs.

I hope this little pr show in India doesn't accomplish its cynical goal of trying to get Indian Americans to vote for 45.

They didn't last time. 

Overwhelming for Clinton at 77 percent to 16 percent for 45.

No major policy initiatives are on the table for this trip so it's basically another campaign rally. 

39 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Very few bilateral trade deals are getting done by Trump as he pushes all countries that he deals with too far, and beyond what is acceptable, and then goes back to the USA and tells lies about what he has achieved.

I do not know what you lot in the States see in him.

He is a total narcissist, a liar, untrustworthy, he is a lousy public speaker hardly capable of putting a sentence together,he dodged the draft on at least FIVE occasions and he's you Commander in Chief?

This president wasn't elected by a majority of Americans and your criticisms of him are of course spot on. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Quite an awesome display when they showed the stadium. I can't remember seeing an event of that magnitude in my entire lifetime. The entire crowd wearing Trump hats to boot. All cylinders firing and victory line in sight now.

No Mr Trump the entire  crowd were not wearing Trump hats.

2 hours ago, Opl said:

"In the stadium, many people were wearing customised white hats saying 

, while workers handed out thousands of cardboard masks of the US president."

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south-asia/article/3052068/donald-trump-arrives-india-expecting-biggest-event-theyve-ever

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "namaste trump mask"

What a waste of resources for the masks. More rubbish

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Typical Hinduism saying about about their numerous gods. But god of what is Modi referring? 

Considering that certain illnesses and plagues are believed to be the manifestations of particular gods...

I lived in India for a while back in the Indira Gandhi days.  Everyone knew that those huge crowds attending her rallies were bussed in and the people were being paid, very much the way everyone in Issan knew they could pick up some cash by boarding those chartered buses to Bangkok ten years ago.

Edited by bendejo

blind Freddie could see why he went/his property deals there have stalled past few years /one of his partners went broke another on stealing charges

why did his whole family go on the trip on taxpayers money  /to get modi friends to invest in his developments to kick start again /again not his money other suckers money 

9 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Quite an awesome display when they showed the stadium. I can't remember seeing an event of that magnitude in my entire lifetime. The entire crowd wearing Trump hats to boot. All cylinders firing and victory line in sight now.

Um, there were several news reports that people started leaving the stadium after Trump couldn't be bothered to learn a few names of well respected people of the country he visited.

And if that is the biggest crowd you have ever seen, you have never been to India. They get crowds like that for a round robin game of T20 cricket.

The real litmus test is whether people paid to be there. Whether they paid for their hats and how many were their for Modi.

Remember this was in a brand new stadium. The new pinnacle of cricket. Some people would have crawled over broken glass to get there no matter what bumbling fool from another country was embarrassing themselves on stage.

Edited by Farangwithaplan

7 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Um, there were several news reports that people started leaving the stadium after Trump couldn't be bothered to learn a few names of well respected people of the country he visited.

And if that is the biggest crowd you have ever seen, you have never been to India. They get crowds like that for a round robin game of T20 cricket.

Oh well at least people showed up. Go to a Biden event. I would wager money it is a bigger event than any democrat in history has ever had. At least he knows who the president of Mexico is. 

Edited by Cryingdick

25 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Oh well at least people showed up. Go to a Biden event. I would wager money it is a bigger event than any democrat in history has ever had. At least he knows who the president of Mexico is. 

What does Biden have to do with this? Your lack of logical thought on matters Trump is astounding.

You sound like a child wanting candy because you have seen another with Candy. Surely you are better than this.

Edited by Farangwithaplan

35 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

The real litmus test is whether people paid to be there. Whether they paid for their hats and how many were their for Modi.

Remember this was in a brand new stadium. The new pinnacle of cricket. Some people would have crawled over broken glass to get there no matter what bumbling fool from another country was embarrassing themselves on stage.

I never made a claim as to when people left. Just said more than ever in history showed up. Not for cricket for an American politician. I have been to India so you can spare me the comments.

Edited by Cryingdick

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

February 24th 2020 was the official inauguation day of the world's biggest cricket stadium : Motera 

Any arrangement for any US President  to take part to the Inauguration Ceremony  is a good deal on that day.   

Edited by Opl

7 minutes ago, Opl said:

February 24th 2020 was the official inauguation day of the world's biggest cricket stadium : Motera 

Any arrangement for any US President  to take part to the Inauguration Ceremony  is a good deal on that day.   

You don't get invited to such an event by accident. Especially if you are on the main stage. Theyhand out hats. You go to make a trade deal. Why are you so obstinate? It prevents you from being objective. 

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

You don't get invited to such an event by accident. Especially if you are on the main stage. Theyhand out hats. You go to make a trade deal. Why are you so obstinate? It prevents you from being objective. 

The inauguration date matching with the 1st day of the US President is the result of an arrangement 

Trump lined up for Grand Opening of World's biggest Cricket Stadium

9 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

"I would use such funds to help the very poor in India, instead to make a luxury parties for such a kind of man !"

Does it occur to you that India hosting Trump is going to pay off when they enter a trade deal?  That's going to be worth probably hundreds of billions?  You gotta stop thinking about the price of hats, paper cups and tea. 

Trump will agree to a deal that helps india instead of the US?

not very good of him, he should be doing deals that benefit US only, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Which American factories in China will be moving to India ?

Apple has been trying for awhile. In case you are not familiar with them they are worth around $1.3 trillion market cap. Only Saudi Aramco has a higher value and that is pretty questionable.

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Apple has been trying for awhile. In case you are not familiar with them they are worth around $1.3 trillion market cap. Only Saudi Aramco has a higher value and that is pretty questionable.

Do you know which Indian cities they will be moving to ?

This will probably be on the news soon .

"Apple relocates to India"