Flying to Europe, Corona Virus, Quarantine

WTProduction

Dear All,

I hope everyone is well.

I am currently in Udon Thani and will most likely be flying to Europe by the end of March. My initial plan was to enter the EU in Milan, Italy then take the train down to the cost and stop in Imperia. Like I did last time. However, I just read that Milan as been struck by the virus so I might change destination. Maybe France or Spain.

At this stage, I am aware that whole world is on alert with virus spreading. So arriving from South East Asia, I shall expect some quarantine time any where I will go. But still I was wondering if anyone would know how it is arriving from Thailand in Europe? Feedback from a friend or personal experience. Just to have an idea.

Thank you in advance for your time.

45 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No issues yet.  Just advice to self-quarantine if you feel ill or have been in contact with Chinese people.   Obviously what's going on in the North of Italy right now might change things.

It is likely to have changed a lot by the end of March - for good or bad!

Thank you for the heads up.

I will certainly follow the development.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:44 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Be no issues Thailand only 37 cases and has a cocktail of drugs to cure the virus.

Happy travelling.

????????????

Thank you.

I will follow the development regarding the virus situation and shall feedback upon arrival. Where ever it may be. Tomorrow I will be going for a weekend trip to Vientiane. That will also be interesting to see if there is safety measurement in place.

Edited by WTProduction

Hi

Planning a very similar trip, Bangkok to Milan, likely Malpensa airport.About the end of March.

Not yet booked.  Would stay in the northern area.

Only concern really is a flight cancellation or refusal of entry.

According to reports, they are temperature testing at Malpensa, rightly so.

Not concerned about getting stuck in Italy.Would only book 1 way.

Also following developments.

I am flying to England at the end of March, with Singapore Airlines, just been informed my flight to Singapore from suvarnabhumi has been cancelled, but a earlier flight is available, with a 4 hour stop over in Changi. I am not too worried about the virus, but I am flying to house sit, for people that have 2 weeks holiday in Spain, so anything could happen before I travel, maybe even a self imposed quarantine in their house in Suffolk, I guess its just wait and see, and fingers crossed ????????

On 2/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

No issues yet.  Just advice to self-quarantine if you feel ill or have been in contact with Chinese people.   Obviously what's going on in the North of Italy right now might change things.

Give Italy a miss for now. 

There is no problem anywhere in Europe when you come from Thailand. European countries have have corona victims too, more than Thailand has. Most countries have no checks at airports unless you come from China.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:08 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Been in contact with Chinese people? Are you for real?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Can I ask you to confirm that there is a 'cocktail of drugs' that will cure the virus? As far as I knew they are still working on a vaccine, but you say there is actually a 'cure' if you already have it? 

I think people would liked to know this. 

Pay attention, Thai doctors found it a few weeks ago:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/03/coronavirus-thai-doctors-successfully-treat-virus-drug-cocktail/

4 hours ago, treetops said:

Pay attention: 3 days ago - (CNN) hope for treating the novel coronavirus could be on the horizon as the first US study of a drug to test the illness is underway.

28th Feb MedicalNewsToday website - "there is currently no cure for this infection". The article mentions research into repurposung existing drugs. Just research. 

Today, 1st March: doctor says a potential Coronavirus cure could be a year away (turnto10.com website -  NBC 10 News). 

16 hours ago, elgenon said:

It said 11 remain in hospital.

13 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Pay attention: 3 days ago - (CNN) hope for treating the novel coronavirus could be on the horizon as the first US study of a drug to test the illness is underway.

28th Feb MedicalNewsToday website - "there is currently no cure for this infection". The article mentions research into repurposung existing drugs. Just research. 

Today, 1st March: doctor says a potential Coronavirus cure could be a year away (turnto10.com website -  NBC 10 News). 

Whoosh. ????

The words "Thai doctors" should have given away it wasn't exactly credible.

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2020 at 9:32 PM, Speedhump said:

Can I ask you to confirm that there is a 'cocktail of drugs' that will cure the virus? As far as I knew they are still working on a vaccine, but you say there is actually a 'cure' if you already have it? 

I think people would liked to know this. 

When the virus was new i read that in the UK they would have a vaccin developed in 40 days after that...well it started around new year iirc so they should have it by now i guess? Also the Aussies were working on a vaccin...