February 26, 20206 yr Planned to travel to CM from Australia next week for some dental work.. I was just just informed by my CM Dentist (who I have been to previously for Dental work) that any foriegner that comes to Thailand by plane must stay in country (Thailand) for 30 days BEFORE any dental work commences..the Dentist said these are new Thai government rules that are only days old?? Medical tourism for most farangs will be a no go as the 30 day border stamp tourist visa is the normal visa most come over on.... Has anyone heard of this new rule??????????? Lucky I was told this before I paid for my flight ticket today... Look forward to any feedback..
February 26, 20206 yr I do not believe it is a new rule, but good for them for taking precaution measures. Up close to you while breathing, coughing spitting near their faces. But, I am sure another Dentist will not have this rule so check around. If you must stay with this Dentist, go to a hospital and request an anal swab test for the virus. This is the most accurate way to determine infection. Take the results to your Dentist and see what they say. Good luck. Edited February 26, 20206 yr by bkk6060
February 27, 20206 yr I flew in from UK on Sunday 23rd and went to Dentist at Bumrungrad on Tuesday 25th with no issue. They did ask me where I had flown in from.
February 27, 20206 yr You can extend your 30 day visa exempt for another 30 days at immigration for 1900 Baht
February 27, 20206 yr On 2/26/2020 at 5:26 PM, bkk6060 said: If you must stay with this Dentist, go to a hospital and request an anal swab test for the virus. This is the most accurate way to determine infection. Take the results to your Dentist and see what they say. They're swabbing anuses to test for Covid-19?! ^_^
February 28, 20206 yr 9 hours ago, timendres said: They're swabbing anuses to test for Covid-19?! ^_^ Yeah it turns out that this is the most accurate test for the virus.
February 28, 20206 yr Does anyone still really believe that community transmission hasn't already started in Thailand. Like the virus thinks hey we're in Thailand now. Let's stop doing our thing. Meaning such foreigner targetted only dental rules are a false security.
February 28, 20206 yr If I recall the first infected person in Thailand was a Thai that visited Wuhan. Just another foreigner bashing opportunity if this is true.
February 29, 20206 yr Author Thanks guys for your feedback I checked with the Dentist again and its a country wide rule now! Also my Thai wife who works at a hospital in aussie told me that if any staff return from holidays in Thailand they cannot come back to work in the hospital for 30 days after arriving back in Australia... <deleted> is going on ????
February 29, 20206 yr Don't know whether this applies to Thais as well as foreigners since in my area of Bangkok my Thai friends are always going backwards and forwards from Japan, S.Korea, Hong Kong etc. I was phoned today by my dentist - in respect of an appointment next week - to ask whether I had been abroad recently.Though not asked to do so, I will take along my passport just in case they need to verify.
February 29, 20206 yr On 2/26/2020 at 11:26 AM, bkk6060 said: ...request an anal swab test for the virus. This is the most accurate way to determine infection... Please post a link to your source upon which you based this assertion. The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
March 1, 20206 yr 8 hours ago, Maestro said: Please post a link to your source upon which you based this assertion. I just googled anal swab for COV19 ... and yes it’s true Edited March 1, 20206 yr by JAS21
Create an account or sign in to comment