Thai Visa Songran Meeting Spot

Ulysses G.

Anyone have any ideas of an official place for TVers to meet up and play during Songran?

I thought of Mad Dog, but I noticed that last year a lot of the traffic had been blocked off from that area.

John's Place/Cozy Corner is right smack in the middle of everything and you can drink there or escape inside the Laughing Leprechan compound for a snack/ meal/ alchoholic beverage or just to dry off from the goings on outside.

Any preferences before it is too late to plan?

Anyone have any ideas of an official place for TVers to meet up and play during Songran?

I thought of Mad Dog, but I noticed that last year a lot of the traffic had been blocked off from that area.

John's Place/Cozy Corner is right smack in the middle of everything and you can drink there or escape inside the Laughing Leprechan compound for a snack/ meal/ alchoholic beverage or just to dry off from the goings on outside.

How 'bout Gecko Books Jr.? We can haul in a large tin tub full of beer, and read the Classics while the mayhem ensues outside....

How 'bout Gecko Books Jr.? We can haul in a large tin tub full of beer, and read the Classics while the mayhem ensues outside....

is gecko books sponsoring the meet up as well??? :o beer included.

Songkran is no fun unless you go outside and play!

I do a lot of reading during Songkran when I get bored of "playing water", but I also like to do a few TV series marathons on DVD in the privacy of my own room (all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Killer and all 5 seasons of Angel). :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

is gecko books sponsoring the meet up as well??? :o beer included.

I think that I just remembered why I never go to any Thai Visa functions. :D

Aw, I was kidding (NOT!). John's Place, with LL as a fall-back sounds great. I just hope chanchao shows up, with a full complement of high power, fully automatic high-cyclic rate water weapons. Not the Red ones, the Green ones, fully vetted and approved by the appropriate authorities. I will buy the 1st round.....(this could be expensive) :o

Let's meet up by Jon's, sure. SOunds great. Have a feeling I already know a few of you, thought not thru the visa forum. Probably thru doing business around town or just showing up where there's free food or booze. I won't be out every day though, 2-3 is about all I can do (since I'm like 91 years old n all).

I'll likely be on a truck with the whole big bucket and ice block thing one day too... that's always fun doing the 1kp/h crawl around the moat. Just half the moat n back takes like 3 hrs at best. Plenty of time to jump down at Jon's or maybe grab someone else to cram into the truck bed n revel.

What day is best or are people really going out EVERY day ???

If anyone has any VERY BIG WATER GUNS that squirt a lot of water very far for sale, please PM me. I like the imported ones that are two THICK tubes that you slide together best. :D

Is this what your looking for? :D

DOUBLE.BARRELED.SHOTGUN.JPG

Yeah, I could use one of those, too. Birdshot only, preferably #9, 1 dram powder measure...... :o

I usually play for the first 2 days and then turn to Buffy for my pleasures.

John's place/Cozy Corner/Laughing Leprachan sounds best to me.

Oh, I just had a splendid idea.

How about organizing some extra-curricular activities (extra to the beverage consumption, that is) at John's.

Chanchao can put on a live fire demo with his legal "Green" water weapons.

p1p can demonstrate his expertise in rapid deboning and stuffing of rice field rat tails.

Crowboy can host a deep-fried scorpion-eating contest.

Ulysses G will teach how to speed-read a bodice-ripper "potboiler" novel (preferably one with Fabio on the cover).

Rasseru can tell his favorite lawyer jokes.

Austhaied will share esoteric .gif file "smilie" pointers.

lopburiguy shows how to tie a "hangman's noose" knot.

CobraSnakeNecktie will speak in tongues and handle dangerous reptiles for our edification.

Ajarn will teach us how we have gone astray.

Ta22 will share Hakka Chinese proverbs to explain any situation.

realthaideal will do a stand-up comedy routine.

lannarebirth hosts a Lamaze breathing birth session.

PeaceBlondie- lessons on Being Nice.

Oh, and mcgriffith- he'll provide hot air to inflate party balloons.

I think I'm leaving some people out; will post more later... :o

You got us all pegged McGriffith. THoughtful as a danged e-card. Shucks, my Mom tells me I'm funny too.

Like I said b4, I look fwd to meeting all the ppl on here, and expecting to find out I already know a few of you as your CM business aliases. I'll be John's on Sat somewhere between 12 n 5 I figure. Sort of getting around but going back there as a base.

what is Hakka Chinese proverbs ?

i am stay home - and getting ready for my fiber glass product to mount my car audio . once i can get the chemcial supply i order from bangkok on 16th .

so this few days is testing on my amplifer and doing test tone run on the sub at home .

wof the weather get real hot i might just join up to get cool down by the water ..

but the idea of getting jam at the inner circle for hour just to travel make me wanan rest at home :o

if anyone hve any plan after 7 pm - drop me a pm or call me if you have my number

"What is Hakka Chinese proverbs ?"

This one made me laugh too Ta. The first point is that you have many wise things to say that are very interesting and entertaining. Where they come from I don't know, but probably they do come from your culture. And I'm thinking that this person meant the Hokkien Chinese of Singapore and all other points where they have settled. My understanding is that there are also many other Chinese of a group called Tae Chou also. I'm not sure if you indentify with either of those....feel free to comment or tell us the history a bit.

I know food and write about it, and have some friends from the Thai South who identify themselves as Tae Jou Chinese Thais and their Khao Ka Hmu is really delicious and different from the regular knid you find around town. THis is how I heard baout the Chinese immigrants in Thailand. ....Anyway, this is not to say the regular Khao Ka Hmu is bad either, just that there is a different way to make it depending on your cultural influences. Both of these is pretty darn tasty !

i know what is hakka if i got it right that is . my mother had part hakka blood i think whahah

anyway you mean teochew - i am teochew - but i speak hokkien and cantonese or least i understand 80 5 of it ..

i was trying to make a joke back :o pardon me by now i had not sleep for almost 38 hour .

so i am going to sleep soon .

Yeh teochew make some very nasty good food whahahha mostly very will block up your blood verus and drop you of heartattck in a few years whahhhaha

but i still love them :D

drop me a pm if you guy have some nice plan after 7 pm . ok may just pop by :D maybe tomorrow today i am very much sleeping

So are TV'ers hitting it today Fri, or tmw Sat ? Or both ? I can't make guarantees for today. Tmw I'm there for sure. I wanna be there when Meadish or P1P buys everyone a round, whatever time that is supposed to be.

I've been there the last 2 days, but tend to keep a low profile after that length of time. I've just about had my fill! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I'll be by around noon, till ?. Hope to meet some of you there. I might just stay ALL DAY, go crazy, and get a cheap guesthouse in the 'hood to crash at, rather than drive home. Smart plan, no?

I've also just about had my fill...But One More Day...come on UG....you can do it! And I'll buy you a round of your favorite "orange cordial"!

I went by about 2 PM, but didn't spot any TVers and the girls were all too tired to party. Somebody was springing for a lot of ice though, so I had to get in a few squirts. :D

Yes twas me doing my bit with the ice buying 4 i think between 1 & 4pm but at 50 baht a time well worth it for entertainment value alone

Watching all the peoples face contort as they got hit by the ice cccccold stuff :o All good fun

Fat and 50? Sounds like we are twins.

Next time, please introduce yourself. That's why I was wearing the T-shirt! :D

Deff will do next time but after 5 or 6 large bottles of singha :o my focus tends to go walk about with the rest of my senses.

Were you the distinguished looking gent with silver hair sat at the bar with a couple of slightly younger friends ?