Bus To Singapore?

lucidwave

Is there a direct bus to Singapore from Bangkok? The reason I ask is because I am way over on my luggage allowance for any airline that does the route. I realize how far Singapore is, but I am just curious if any buses do the trip. I seem to recall a guesthouse I was in once advertising such a service.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe send some baggage first and then fly. Just a thought. I'd hate to sit on a bus for 20 hours or whatever it is. Or chuck some of the things you dont really need.

Edited by Jockstar

There's certainly a good class bus service KL to Singapore by a lot called Transtar, takes about 5 hours including the immigration routines. Try Googling "Transtar Singapore" as I am led to believe you can book online. I don't know if they do a northward route to Haad Yai or even Bangkok but it's worth a look see.

Or you could rent a couple of elephants, be a unique way to do it but I don't know the visa requirements for elephants entering Singapore.

Maybe send some baggage first and then fly. Just a thought. I'd hate to sit on a bus for 20 hours or whatever it is. Or chuck some of the things you dont really need.

The problem is I have about 46 kilos which I am allowed to check in on my flight from Singapore. But none of the airlines flying to Singapore will let me take that much :o I am in this situation because the airline told me that I could move my flight from Singapore to Bangkok if I needed to, and now when I call them to do it they tell me it is not allowed.

The problem is I have about 46 kilos which I am allowed to check in on my flight from Singapore. But none of the airlines flying to Singapore will let me take that much :o I am in this situation because the airline told me that I could move my flight from Singapore to Bangkok if I needed to, and now when I call them to do it they tell me it is not allowed.

Hat Yai to Singapore is easily done on the bus. Lots of good agents to buy tickets from. I use Hat Yai Variety Tour opposite Lee Gardens in downtown Hat Yai. Their prices are the fairest I've seen(yes different agencies, different prices). They speak basic English and you can give them a call at 074-351-280 or 074-351-281.

Is there a direct bus to Singapore from Bangkok?
You can certainly get a bus to Haad Yai and then a bus from Haad Yai to Singapore.

Do you have any more info about this direct bus from Haad Yai to Singapore?

Thanks.....

Everyone of the many travel agents in HadYai sell bus tickets, but mainly to Johore Bahru. Larkin bus station. From there regular buses to Singapore. The bus in Haad Yai will pick u up at hotel or anywhere. They mainly leave at 10am,11am & noon

Better is the Langkawi Express sleeper train. Leaves Haad Yai 14.50 gets to KL 06.45 [ but often late] Connecting train from KL to Singapore. As far as I know u can only buy a ticket for Langkawi Express in Haad Yai train station. The ticket counter closest to the tracks. The advance purchase office does not sell tickets for this train.

Not true. You're not thinking out of the box.

Either:

Take the cheapest Business Class and you'll get (at least) an extra checked bag. Usually hand carry goes up by one too.

Looks like Swiss Air has B10500++ , but I swear I flew Finnair for 1/2 that price before.

OR

Fly economy and take/smuggle the heavy stuff on as carry on. (Books, paper, heavy items in carry-on) by not letting check-in agents see them. Once boarding pass in hand, nobody cares what you take on the plane.

Fly economy and take/smuggle the heavy stuff on as carry on. (Books, paper, heavy items in carry-on) by not letting check-in agents see them. Once boarding pass in hand, nobody cares what you take on the plane.

I can elaborate, if interested.

My 'system' has gotten me 90kg+ on my last set of flights (checked and carryon). It's not fun, but sometimes necessary.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IMHO, do you think your bags will be safe from thiefs under the bus from Thailand to Singapore. I've done Singapore -Haat Yai bus trips before. It's the Thai segments that I'd not feel my belongings were safe, though.

I dont know what sort of budget you are on but airlines will usually carry excess baggage if you pay.

Excess baggage rates on Air Asia (last time I looked) was B160/kilo, on Tiger airways is B215/kilo. However both airlines free allowance is only 15Kg so with 47 Kg (7 Kg hand luggage) at worst you will have to pay for 25Kg, thats B4000 on Air Asia.

Better than 32hours on a bus or even longer on a train I should think.

Better is the Langkawi Express sleeper train. Leaves Haad Yai 14.50 gets to KL 06.45 [ but often late] Connecting train from KL to Singapore. As far as I know u can only buy a ticket for Langkawi Express in Haad Yai train station. The ticket counter closest to the tracks. The advance purchase office does not sell tickets for this train.

Advance tickets for any Malaysian train can be purchased as e-tickets directly from the Keretapi Tanah Malayu Berhad (KTMB) website.