Paper work to extend retiremnt visa

On 3/3/2020 at 4:19 AM, Kurtf said:

Retirement visas do NOT need proof of insurance.

The Non Imm OA (long-stay) Visa definitely does require health-insurance.

You can only apply for that Visa in your home-country and it requires proof of health-insurance accepted by your home-country's thai embassy that issues the Visa.

Once in Thailand when you apply for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of retirement based on your original Non Imm OA Visa, it is mandatory to have a thai IO-approved health-insurance policy.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, Kurtf said:

Retirement visas do NOT need proof of insurance. Your best way to find out what the requirements are (It's different for each immigration office) I suggest you make plans for a two day adventure. One day to go stand in line to find out what your immigration office requires and another day to stand in line to present your documents. 

In Chiang Mai I recently needed a photocopy of every page of my passport, a letter from my bank stating that I have had over 800,000 baht in my account for the past 3 months, a statement from the main office of my bank listing all deposits and withdrawals for the past year, plus the current forms all filled out and a small passport picture attached. Ohh and also my bankbook which had to be updated that very same day I was applying for the visa extension. But who knows. All that may change tomorrow. TIT.

What a pain in the behind repetitive mish-mash of requirements.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no special procedure. It is simple to do all you need is a bank book showing that the 800k baht has been in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension and a letter from the bank confirming your account is valid.

Thanks - I have the funds in the account already.

does anyone know if need to show that money came from overseas account, in case of

extending a retirement (non-O) visa?

for example, if i had only 400K baht in the account, and added 400K two months before

the next extention, do the IO's require to see proof that those additional 400K came from an account overeas ?

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

does anyone know if need to show that money came from overseas account, in case of

extending a retirement (non-O) visa?

There is not requirement to prove the funds came from abroad to apply for a one year extension of stay.

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

for example, if i had only 400K baht in the account, and added 400K two months before

the next extention, do the IO's require to see proof that those additional 400K came from an account overeas ?

Same answer as above.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

Some Bangkok Bank branches even say it's 2 weeks. So anyone who needs one should be early enough not to get in trouble if issuing the statement takes time.

I sorted this issue years ago, by asking my bank for a 12 month certified printout, a week ahead of time. Then early on the day i visit IO, I deposit 100 baht and get a 1 page update. unfortunately, as is his right, my IO insists on same day certified print out and 800k letter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paddypower said:

I sorted this issue years ago, by asking my bank for a 12 month certified printout, a week ahead of time. Then early on the day i visit IO, I deposit 100 baht and get a 1 page update. unfortunately, as is his right, my IO insists on same day certified print out and 800k letter.

It can take days for the 12-month printout (some banks), but your IO insists is must be from "that day"?  Sounds like they are not interested in providing these extensions (at list-price, anyway), because the prior 12-mo history would not change the day before.

23 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

It can take days for the 12-month printout (some banks), but your IO insists is must be from "that day"?  Sounds like they are not interested in providing these extensions (at list-price, anyway), because the prior 12-mo history would not change the day before.

IO accepts that the bank-statement is a couple of days old.  After all there is also the day-of-application updated bank-book that will show you did not dip below the 800K/400K tresshold.

Note: IO also accepts two 6-month bank-statements, and those can be provided by your local Bank branch on the spot or next day.  Many banks only keep the transaction data 6 months, hence the need to apply for it at Bank headquarters if you want a 12-month statement.

22 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

IO accepts that the bank-statement is a couple of days old.  After all there is also the day-of-application updated bank-book that will show you did not dip below the 800K/400K tresshold.

Note: IO also accepts two 6-month bank-statements, and those can be provided by your local Bank branch on the spot or next day.  Many banks only keep the transaction data 6 months, hence the need to apply for it at Bank headquarters if you want a 12-month statement.

What you wrote makes sense.  But that is not what his IO wants, evidently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

What you wrote makes sense.  But that is not what his IO wants, evidently.

One solution would be to get a one year bank statement and then a 1 or 2 month one on the same day the bank letter is done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

I don't think it's about keeping transaction data longer than 6 months. It's just a rule from head office.