Good Places To Find Interpreting Help In Korat?

lucidwave

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Korat (Patong Chai) in a week or so to follow up with some of my research on the Thai textile industry. I have some interviews lined up there for a few days, but it would be really helpful to have some Thai students help me interpret during the interview. Does anyone know where I begin to contact reliable assistants with a good grasp of English? I understand that the universities are now on break. Will this make it easier or more difficult to get student to help me there? I do have a small budget from my Uni and can pay between 500 - 1000bt a day for their time, so I imagine this will help me to find somebody.

Any ideas or suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance....

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Korat (Patong Chai) in a week or so to follow up with some of my research on the Thai textile industry. I have some interviews lined up there for a few days, but it would be really helpful to have some Thai students help me interpret during the interview. Does anyone know where I begin to contact reliable assistants with a good grasp of English? I understand that the universities are now on break. Will this make it easier or more difficult to get student to help me there? I do have a small budget from my Uni and can pay between 500 - 1000bt a day for their time, so I imagine this will help me to find somebody.

I am just bumping this in case anyone has any good suggestions.

Thanks.......

Hi all,

I am just bumping this in case anyone has any good suggestions.

Thanks.......

and bumping it again in the hope of help.

thanks.....

I have a friend who lives here (in Korat) SHe's just finished her MBA and is twiddling her thumbs. I'll ask her if she is interested and get back to you.

1000bht a day is not bad money. She is however, not short of money.

I have a friend who lives here (in Korat) SHe's just finished her MBA and is twiddling her thumbs. I'll ask her if she is interested and get back to you.

1000bht a day is not bad money. She is however, not short of money.

Thank you very much. If she has time to help that would be fantastic. I am looking forward to hearing back....

HEllo again,

Well I asked her and she said she said she couldn't take money as she is not a professional and would feel bad if she couldn't translate some technical words for you. I offered to put you in touch with her to discuss your requirements but I think shyness got the better of her and she declined. I'll a couple of my students who have pretty good English skill. But you know its Songkran and many people will be busy playing with water!

SOrry to draw a blank on the first one. Will keep looking. This forum was good to me when I first came here and I am happy to return the goodwill where I can.

Good luck!

Ps. Can you give some idea of the content of what you want translating. PM me if its confidential.

HEllo again,

Well I asked her and she said she said she couldn't take money as she is not a professional and would feel bad if she couldn't translate some technical words for you. I offered to put you in touch with her to discuss your requirements but I think shyness got the better of her and she declined. I'll a couple of my students who have pretty good English skill. But you know its Songkran and many people will be busy playing with water!

SOrry to draw a blank on the first one. Will keep looking. This forum was good to me when I first came here and I am happy to return the goodwill where I can.

Good luck!

Ps. Can you give some idea of the content of what you want translating. PM me if its confidential.

oh well, thanks very much for trying. I appreciate it.

Basically what I will need help with, is interviews with silk merchants and silk weavers. I am not asking them anything too complicated - basically just stuff about how they sell their silk, to whom, the designs on the silk and things like this.

I can probably get away with not having any help on the Songkran weekend, but if people have time after that, it would be really useful.

Thanks again very much.