BIO company - visa requirement for WP

So my UK employer wants to pay me through a PEO (professional employee organisation) in Bangkok. The PEO will sponsor me - and my salary, tax and Work Permit will be organised by the PEO. (For those unsure about PEOs, they are becoming increasingly popular across Asia - everything is above board).

The PEO company I have contacted in BKK told me it is a BIO firm. Also, that to apply for the WP I need to cancel my Non-Imm O visa, leave the country and apply for a Non-Imm B visa (they will give me required docs). On my return, we will all go to Chaeng Wattana and apply for the WP. "Apply for a WP is easy with a BIO firm", I was told.

My questions are: does a BIO company require a Non-Imm B visa to get a WP for me? Can this not be done on a Non-Imm O visa? Do I have to leave the country? 

If anyone has any advice or suggestions it would be very helpful. Thank you so much.

J

Are you sure they did not say they were a BOI (Board of Investment) company.

If they are a BOI company you would apply for the work permit at the one stop center in Bangkok. 

You would still get a non-b or a non-ib (investment is what the I in IB is).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

On my return, we will all go to Chaeng Wattana and apply for the WP. "Apply for a WP is easy with a BIO firm", I was told.

If they said that I would be very careful as immigration resides at Chaeng Wattana and that would be for an extension of stay after getting a WP (which does not involve immigration unless using the combined facility mentioned above which is not at Chaeng Wattana)

• Like 1

As far as I know the system you described with leaving the country, getting the Non-B visa and then applying for a work permit is the correct way.

What I would be concerned about is what is written in the work permit. As far as I know there is a place of work in the work permit and a job title. Does that fit your work location and your job? If not then that is not the way it should be.

I think recently there were changes that people with a valid work permit can also do other work. But I am not sure if that is correct in cases like yours.

57 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Yes, BOI company. I was told the place of work allows employees to work from home or in open work places sponsored by the PEO firm. Thank you for the responses

Sorry I think that sounds too good to be true.

It is very difficult for companies to get BOI approval in Thailand. They have to meet lots of criteria to apply and then they have to play by the BOI rules.

You can find lots of info about BOI on the internet.

I would be very surprised if the BOI would allow something that you describe.

That does not mean it is impossible and I must be right. But I think you should double check that company and what is going on. Because if whatever they do goes belly up then not only they have a problem. Also you have a problem.