PGCEi and teaching license

10 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I have about 3 co-workers who have used the Nottingham PGCEi to get a 5 year TCT teaching license. 

How long ago was that?

I have a friend who has done the course and got the license but it was more than 5 years ago and with the way things change in Thailand, you never know...????

3 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Yeah, one of my mates has done it. 

Any idea when?

43 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I know 3 that have got it with the PGCEi.....I even got mine with a course I did in Bangkok from the Philippines.....it arrived yesterday....YEEEEEEHAAAAA!!! So, yes go for it!

Congrats! I know about those courses but the PGCEi is the one I'm interested in. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Blue Gecko said:

Thanks, Bobby.

If you're aiming to get into an international school just be prepared that many / most of the better schools won't accept it, and the ones that do, will generally offer a reduced salary with little to no benefits. My friend only gets a salary. No relocation allowance, housing allowance, free education for children, end of contract bonus or flights.

Although saying that, I did hear from another teacher here that someone they know managed to get into Wellington with a PGCEi on the full expat package. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

If you're aiming to get into an international school just be prepared that many / most of the better schools won't accept it, and the ones that do, will generally offer a reduced salary with little to no benefits. My friend only gets a salary. No relocation allowance, housing allowance, free education for children, end of contract bonus or flights.

Although saying that, I did hear from another teacher here that someone they know managed to get into Wellington with a PGCEi on the full expat package. 

I don't get any of that where I'm working (just health insurance) so anything else on top would be a bonus. ????