Video: Motorcycle taxi turf wars - Grab customer asks "Where is your security?" after attack on rider

webfact

Video: Motorcycle taxi turf wars - Grab customer asks "Where is your security?" after attack on rider

1pm.jpg

Picture: INN

A female customer of Grab bike went online to pose a pertinent question and make other observations after her driver was attacked in a turf war and she was hurt.

Amittaa Phongsawat asked Grab: "Where is the security for your users and drivers?" 

And she stated:

"You better take responsibility (for) your driver's life".

A video showed her driver being attacked by three men in Sukhumvit Soi 48. She was caught in the face.

RTP spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen later said that three men had been fined 1,000 baht each by Klong Tan police for assault, reported INN. 

They had also paid 3,000 compensation to the Grab rider for hospital treatment. 

The rider had agreed to the matter being settled like that. 

Pol Col Krissana said that such attacks must stop. 

Though he conceded that Grab Bike remains an illegal service that can result in a 2,000 baht fine for the driver if caught.

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-03

Video starts 1:07

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

Though he conceded that Grab Bike remains an illegal service that can result in a 2,000 baht fine for the driver if caught.

hmmm ...so it's actually an illegal service in operation and we know that but hey '  TIT 

reminds me of the ' taxi ' scraps we hear about every now and then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They had also paid 3,000 compensation to the Grab rider for hospital treatment. 

The rider had agreed to the matter being settled like that. 

So, can one assume that he was relieved of 2,000 baht out of the 3,000 paid to him for hospital expenses? ????

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmmm ...so it's actually an illegal service in operation and we know that but hey '  TIT 

reminds me of the ' taxi ' scraps we hear about every now and then.

An illegal service haha.

It is also illegal for taxis to refuse to use meters. I don't know if it is illegal for motorcycle taxis to charge exorbitant prices or not.

Yes TIT

1 hour ago, petedk said:

An illegal service haha.

It is also illegal for taxis to refuse to use meters. I don't know if it is illegal for motorcycle taxis to charge exorbitant prices or not.

Yes TIT

Living here for over a decade and i use motorcycles daily to commute all over the city.  Very very rarely have i ever been overcharged almost so rare that i cant remember the last time it was even an issue. When you have motorcycle taxis who have to apply for a licence and pay for their yellow number plates, undergo yearly road worthy checks yearly and are restricted to a single taxi stand to work at. Its no wonder they are annoyed when people start taking fares and their livelihoods away from them because they dont have to follow the same rules and regulations as you do.    

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Only if one can assume that the police caught him in the act of breaking the law.  They didn't.

RTP spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen later said that three men had been fined 1,000 baht each by Klong Tan police for assault, reported INN. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, thequietman said:
20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Only if one can assume that the police caught him in the act of breaking the law.  They didn't.

Yes, I can read but what has the attackers being fined got to do with your hope that the Grab rider, the assault victim, was fined for taking a passenger?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I can read but what has the attackers being fined got to do with your hope that the Grab rider, the assault victim, was fined for taking a passenger?

One can only assume that if the law was applied to 2, then it would be applied equally to the Grab driver. I know, this is TIT, but I live in hope. ????

21 hours ago, thequietman said:
On 3/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, Just Weird said:

One can only assume that if the law was applied to 2, then it would be applied equally to the Grab driver. I know, this is TIT, but I live in hope.

What law should be "equally applied" to the victim of the attack, he wasn't assaulting anyone, he was being assaulted.

Of course, you could be referring to his being a Grab driver but just being a Grab driver/rider is not an offence.  It's the act of carrying a passenger as a Grab driver that is illegal but at the time of this incident, i.e when he was being attacked, he wasn't carrying a passenger and the retrospective intent to carry a passenger is not something that he could, or would, be charged with in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

What law should be "equally applied" to the victim of the attack, he wasn't assaulting anyone, he was being assaulted.

Of course, you could be referring to his being a Grab driver but just being a Grab driver/rider is not an offence.  It's the act of carrying a passenger as a Grab driver that is illegal but at the time of this incident, i.e when he was being attacked, he wasn't carrying a passenger and the retrospective intent to carry a passenger is not something that he could, or would, be charged with in the circumstances.

Goodness, you are pedantic, aren't you. Clearly this is important to you, so I will bow to your expert knowledge and wisdom. You win, I lose .....are you happy now? Can you please stop posting about it from this point on-wards. Let me reiterate ............. your opinion counts for everything, mine doesn't. I defer to you at all times.

Bye bye now. ????