My Experience So Far with Philippine SRRV Visa

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Work for ex military from Canada ?

If you are saying that you were not actually in the military then no.  If you are over 50 and have a pension of $1500.00 the deposit would be $10,000 or $20,000 with no pension.  50K 35-49 years old.

Here is the relevant section - I do not know if Canadians are included in "existing military ties and/or agreement"

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY

For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required.

Post in breach of Forum Rules removed.

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

20 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Here is the relevant section - I do not know if Canadians are included in "existing military ties and/or agreement"

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY

For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required.

Its only USA and AU

• Thanks 1

AAArdvark,

Excellent report....brought back memories of my 5 years at Angeles City/Clark AB decades ago...loved it!  For Americans, especially if retired military, retiring to the P.I. is easy.   

Of course times and Angeles City has changed a lot over the decades but I'm pretty sure if I was not happily married to a Thai for many decades....that is, a single guy again...that I would make the move to the P.I. also. 

Wishing you the best....and don't mess up Angeles City!!!  ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HomeSweetHome said:

How does it work with the police clearance?

I come from the Netherlands and already live 5 years in Thailand.

Do i also have to get a statement from the police in Thailand before i leave Thailand and go to the Philippines?

Maybe,  In my case I gave them one from the US even though I had been in Thailand for a full year.  You will need to get one in the Philippines even though the rules state that you would have to be there for over 30 days.  The reason is that the total processing time is more than 30 days.  The PRA will take care of doing it for your.

21 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Post in breach of Forum Rules removed.

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

Please clarify, I posted the email address of a non-commercial government agency.  Is that not permitted?

40 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Please clarify, I posted the email address of a non-commercial government agency.  Is that not permitted?

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

On 3/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, oznomad said:

OP, please keep us updated with the process as you go.

It was my understanding that the best way was to use an agent, but so far you seem to be going along ok in AC.

Thanks

In the past this method was not pushed and indeed many reports of it being the normal go/come/return/more process of most such activities (unlike most peoples experience at Philippine immigration offices for extensions which were almost always positive).  But now this seems to be a preferred system for long stay so likely procedures have been improved (as indeed it appears by this report).  

There is a new fly in the ointment.

A resident alien, since Oct 19, cant get tax residency in Philippines without having a Philippines business.

Said alien still remains liable for taxes if there for 183 days+, but no actual Tax Residency Certificate.

https://www.grantthornton.com.ph/insights/articles-and-updates1/lets-talk-tax/guidelines-in-securing-a-tax-residency-certificate/