Society doubts government’s legitimacy: newspaper columnist

webfact

14 hours ago, z42 said:

I wasn't here in the Thaksin days, and people go on about how much of a free lunch it was for the Government in his day.

This lot currently are the worst i've seen in all my days from.any country. Can anyone who knows take a stroll down memory lane and say if Thaksin's were even a patch on this lot?

I thought Thaksin was fine, at least the country had or seemingly had an actual freely elected PM and government.  I thought Thailand was finally out of the dark ages and no more coups.  For various reasons things changed a lot after his re-election.  Coups continued

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scot123 said:

As for the hatred they feel towards foreigners I believe it comes from when they serve along side them. I was in the army and served next to them in South Korea men who were supposed to be their cream and wow what a joke they were. Sorry if the truth hurts but facts are facts and yet there are many on here who believe it is other foreigners behaviour that causes this. So sad

Not just in the military, but in just about every field of endeavour, they know that they gained their positions by a combination of purchase and patronage, They know that just about everyone else they come into contact with internationally knows. They know that they are widely regarded as a joke. That is why they are invariably so introspective. As neighbouring South East Asian countries start to pull ahead economically, attract the investment, business and tourists that once only came to Thailand, they take refuge in boasting that "Thailand was never colonised"

On 3/4/2020 at 3:33 AM, smedly said:

I hope he's ready for the "fake news" military squad taking him away for conditioning for saying such things

it was previously called "attitude adjustment"

meanwhile 6 million voters in Thailand have lost the MP's they voted for

is it time for a new election

something needs to happen fast before it all boils over  

Agreed! This attack is fairly direct. Black and white and in your face honest. Might be a mite difficult to pass this one off to "general ignorance".

Edited by Dap

-Military coups

- Self-written constitutions of the putschists.

- Corrupt legislative.

- Corrupt executive.

- Corrupt judiciary.

- All independent control bodies staffed with family and friends.

- Media censorship.

- Education Camps for critics.

- Protected monopolies of the rich elites.

- Self-enrichment through public office.

- Increasing xenophobia.

TIT

• Thanks 1