First time 90 day report at Jomtien- process?

I'm due to do my first 90 day report at Jomtien in about 3 weeks. What is the process to complete this?

Do I need the 800k letter from the bank again?

Is the TM 47 the only form I need to fill in?

Do I need to go any particular number of days before or can i just go say the day before my 90 days expires?

Thanks for any help on this, its easy to fall fowl if immigration rules!

Years ago, my list was...

1) Copy of Photo page passport

2) Copy of Visa/Extension.

3) Copy of last TM Card

4) Copy of last entry stamp.

5) TM 47 form.

6) Proof of address

a) Untility Bill or

b) chanote or

c) driver's licence or

d) House book etc

He didn't want all that stuff,  just took TM 47. Then I got the bar-code and from then on, just my passport sufficed... then I started doing it on-line, easy peasy.  Definitely no bank letter required... (unless you are also doing the 3 month money in the bank confirmation for a cash-in-the-bank retirement extension).

Are you OK with TM 30?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Cheers Jacko. It sounds straight forward then.

Yes Im OK with the TM30, I registered my address immediately after getting my retirement visa. I have a multi entry permit for the retirement visa and when I re-entered I went and did the TM 30 again but they said once is enough which surprised me.

One of the things that was concerning me was if I had to go a week before or something like that. I have been caught out with that before about a year ago when I wanted to extend my tourist visa and they said I should have gone to immigration 2 weeks before it expired.

29 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

Yes Im OK with the TM30, I registered my address immediately after getting my retirement visa. I have a multi entry permit for the retirement visa and when I re-entered I went and did the TM 30 again but they said once is enough which surprised me.

One of the things that was concerning me was if I had to go a week before or something like that. I have been caught out with that before about a year ago when I wanted to extend my tourist visa and they said I should have gone to immigration 2 weeks before it expired.

At Jomtien Immigration (desk 4) they just want the TM47 form and the passport when doing the first 90 days report. After that you only show the passport every 90 days. You do know you can do the report 15 days early and 7 days late from the "Due date". The count starts from the Due date. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

It is usually a breeze at Jomtiem. The window to do it in person is 15 days before, to 7 days after due date. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Max69xl said:

At Jomtien Immigration (desk 4) they just want the TM47 form and the passport when doing the first 90 days report. After that you only show the passport every 90 days. You do know you can do the report 15 days early and 7 days late from the "Due date". The count starts from the Due date. 

So, no TM47 form after the first 90 day report. Is that for everyone on extension of stay due to retirement?

Thank you. 

20 hours ago, Max69xl said:

They may want the OPs TM6 entry card To scan also.

54 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

They may want the OPs TM6 entry card To scan also.

No,they don't. You write the TM6-card number on the TM47 form. I have never heard about scanning the TM6-card or anything else at desk 4. 

5 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

Thanks guys. The +15 and -7 days is a good point. One of the questions I forgot to ask actually, especially in relation to going early and the 90 day clock counter resetting. 

Correction, -15 and + 7 days. Start counting from the Due date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yewbzee said:

Thanks guys. The +15 and -7 days is a good point. One of the questions I forgot to ask actually, especially in relation to going early and the 90 day clock counter resetting. 

You need to do your first 90-day report in person at your local IO, so that they can set you up in the system.

After that initial in-person report you can do your next 90-day reports on-line. 

It's very easy.  I did it last month for the very first time, and it took me less than 10 minutes.

Here is the link to the website > https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

The website also allows you to download a very comprehensive Guideline document on how to file your 90-day report on-line.  The Guideline is mostly in thai (with some english-language pages too) and contains screen-shots of all the steps and possible options.  But actually you do not need it, as the website - in contrast with the TM30 one - is really easy to use.

Be aware that in order to file the 90-day report on-line, that it has to be done in a 15 to 7 day window BEFORE your 90-day due date expires. 

It's recommended to mark that period in your calendar for your next 90-day report, and do it on-line as it will save you a trip to IO. 

• Like 1

I did my first ever 90 day report at krabi last week,filled in printed out the tm47 form and took that down with my passport ....they didn’t even want my tm 47 form ,they pulled out there own one which I signed and then was on my wAy painless process took about 5 Minuit wait 2 minuits at the desk and I was on my way????

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

After your first 90 day, it does'nt have to be you reporting, my Thai wife does mine everytime i have'nt done one personally for years at JomTien, that is of course if you are married to a Thai! 

Do your wife and yourself a favor, and next time do your 90-day report on-line.  See post #13.

It's very easy, took me 10 minutes to do my very first 90-day report on-line.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Do your wife and yourself a favor, and next time do your 90-day report on-line.  See post #13.

It's very easy, took me 10 minutes to do my very first 90-day report on-line.

Yes i have thought of that and will try later, my wife does'nt mind doing it as she has a friend nearby and after the report they go on to Central Plaza and make a day of it, that's why i have'nt bothered in the past, but thanks for suggestion!

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, Yewbzee said:

you can go sign in at least 7 days before your SIGN IN DATE...

24 minutes ago, essox essox said:

you can go sign in at least 7 days before your SIGN IN DATE...

If your talking about the 90 days report, it's called Due date, and you can report in person 15 days early and 7 days late,counting from the Due date on the receipt. 

I did my first at Jomtien recently, TM47 and passport, second time only passport. My O-A visa is about to expire and to get the maximum from it I shall be leaving the country and returning to get the one year extension, do I need to report to Jomtien a TM30 because I left the country?

16 hours ago, Jim P said:

I did my first at Jomtien recently, TM47 and passport, second time only passport. My O-A visa is about to expire and to get the maximum from it I shall be leaving the country and returning to get the one year extension, do I need to report to Jomtien a TM30 because I left the country?

You will be getting a new 1 year Permit To Stay rather than an extension I expect. 

Strictly speaking yes a new TM30 will be required by the House Master, Possessor or Owner. But there is conflicting information around. I never do one after an overseas trip as I return to same address. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim P said:

You are not applying for an extension of stay (which can only be done at an in-country IO).

You will be exiting and re-entering Thailand just before the validity of your Non Imm OA Visa expires.  Border-immigration will then stamp you in for the full-year permission to stay that non-expired Non Imm OA Visa entitles you to.

Please note that during that 2nd year permission to stay, you will need to buy a re-entry permit before leaving the country again, otherwise your permission to stay will be voided and you cannot use it again to re-enter the country.  The re-entry permit will keep the permission to stay alive on re-entering.

Re TM30 > The 'owner' of the place where you are staying, is required by thai law to file a TM30 to IO of any foreigner staying at his premisses, within 24 hours of the foreigners arrival.

If you are the owner of the place where you are staying you need to report 'yourself' thus.

You can also file the TM30 on behalf of the owner (e.g. if you stay in your gf's house or a rental condo).

Is it really necessary or useful to file a TM30?

It depends on the following:

• TM30 compliance, although mandatory according to thai law, is not enforced in same way at every IO.  Some IOs are very strict and require that it is done within 24 hours of your arrival at your place from any domestic or international trip.  Other IOs only require it after a return from an international trip (since your TM-6 arrival/departure card has a unique number different than your previous arrival).  And some IOs don't enforce it at all.
  • TM30 compliance will ONLY be checked when visiting your local IO for a service that requires your address (e.g. an extension of stay, a residence certificate, ...).  It is not checked when you do your 90-reports in person at your IO (these 90-day reports can of course also be done on-line with no mentioning of TM30).
  • When TM30 compliance is checked when visiting your local IO, they are ONLY interested whether a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying.  They are not interested in your TM30 history, but only whether the TM30 on file matches with your current address.

Edited by Peter Denis