THAI waives ticket change fee on more flights

snoop1130

THAI waives ticket change fee on more flights

By THE NATION

800_dee7a184d54fc83.jpg

Thai Airways International (THAI) is now waiving ticket change fees for all flights to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Italy, Vietnam and Malaysia, vice president Nond Kalinta said on Wednesday (March 4).

The waiver applies as follows:

• Roundtrip flights Bangkok-Japan, -South Korea, -Taiwan, -Singapore, -Vietnam, -Malaysia on THAI or THAI Smile code-share issued on or before February 18 for travel between February 18 and April 30 (Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Sapporo, Sendai, Seoul, Pusan, Taipei, Kaohsiung, Singapore, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur, Penang)

• Roundtrip flights Bangkok-China on THAI (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xiamen, Kunming, Chengdu), THAI Smile code-share Bangkok-Chongqing, -Changsha, -Zhengzhou, Shenzhen Airlines code-share Bangkok-Shenzhen, Phuket-Shenzhen, THAI Smile Bangkok or Phuket to Hong Kong issued on or before January 28 for travel between January 24 and April 30

• Roundtrip flights Bangkok-Italy on THAI issued on or before February 25 for travel between February 25 and April 30 (Bangkok-Rome, Bangkok-Milan)

Passengers can change tickets and/or routes before the flight date or within the ticket validity date, or extend the departure date at any THAI Sales Office until December 15.

Find out more at thaiairways.com or (02) 356 1111, 24 hours a day.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383357

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-04

14 hours ago, xtof2 said:

They can.

That was my 747 back from Japan last Saturday !

2080109072_30C377DC-D798-4CAD-BFE0-005603855814(1).JPG.66e94a5b912b198b62cc26ae02b3eec8.JPGIMG_2877.jpg.a55a4d012d9e4891abee42e1e95b79d4.jpg

Were you treated any differently in the airport when you returned? I'm scheduled to fly to Japan in April.

1 hour ago, Tom89 said:

Were you treated any differently in the airport when you returned? I'm scheduled to fly to Japan in April.

Came back from Haneda (night flight), nothing special there... except the lounge serving only canned drinks and packaged sandwiches.

At Suvharnabumi, thermo-scan at the end of a moving walkway. Looks like a bit as a farce since we were 10 people going through at the same time !

They do it more thoroughly at Don Muang, one friend also coming back from Japan told me they were scanned one by one.

The hilarious part about all these flight bans is the basis for them being deployed. The British National Health Service is advising voluntary quarantine for anyone coming from Thailand and Laos even though both countries have far fewer patients with Covid-19. 

The main reason for this is because of hot weather which seems to lower the transmission rate of such viruses. But you can be sure that the UK will soon ban travel from these countries based on shoddy data.

Don't get me wrong - I am sure that there will be more cases of Covid-19 in Thailand and Laos than are reported. But I would also say that would be true in the UK too. If you work in the gig economy (several million in the UK do) and it takes 6 weeks to get benefits and you get a sniffle, a dry cough and a mild fever, do you think that you will stay at home and let your family starve (or have to eat from the "food bank"?